Why settle for the finer things when you can experience the Finest?
The votes have been cast, the results have been tabulated and the winners have been revealed for the third annual installment of Finest on the Emerald Coast. Now it’s time to celebrate.
An event showcasing the winners will be held April 25 at HarborWalk Village from 6 to 9:30 p.m. During the event, winners will be demonstrating why they were chosen as the Finest on the Emerald Coast, and those in attendance will be able to taste, see and take home samples of the area’s “Finest” — with the beautiful Destin harbor as the perfect backdrop.
• On the food front, Dave’s Dogs will be slinging hot dogs and beer and CakeMasters will be offering fresh baked samples. La Famiglia will offer a taste of Italy, while Pepito’s will cover the south of the border. Chef Dan Pettis, Helen Back, Jim n Nick’s, Pandora’s and AJ’s will also be serving up some favorites.
• Some reptiles will be crawling around the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park Tent. A bearded dragon may even drop by.
• Sam Taylor Buick Cadillac and Heritage Cycles will be showing off some fine rides, while Legendary Marine will showcase its best boats.
• Furniture Resources will show off their stressless chair, while Hometown Contractors will put a spotlight on its sunrooms and remodeling efforts.
• Cosmetic makeovers and massage will be the specialties at the Merle Norman Cosmetics studio & Skin Care Spa tent.
The event will also feature a silent auction for people to bid on various items, with proceeds benefiting Newspapers In Education, which serves to transform the daily newspaper into an invaluable learning tool in area schools. Items up for bid include hotel packages, spa treatments, restaurant experiences, boating excursions, and fine bottles of wine.
There will also be plenty of live music from The Blenders. Describing their sound as “a soulful groove biscuit with jazz gravy," the Pensacola-based group will put their own unique spin on everything from Miles Davis to Prince to Bob Dylan.
Tickets are $25 at the gate. Advance tickets are available online at FinestOnTheEmeraldCoast.com.
Tickets also can be purchased at the following Halifax Media Group Newspapers: Northwest Florida Daily News, Destin Log, Walton Sun, Crestview News Bulletin and Santa Rosa Press Gazette.
The April 25 winners’ event is presented by HarborWalk Village and sponsored by radio stations Q92, Highway 98.1 Country, 102.1 The Wave and 103.1 The Blaze.
For more information, call (850)-315-4306.