All area codes are 850 unless noted.
Coastal Holiday Market
The second annual Coastal Holiday Market will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 10 at St. Rita Church, 173 Moll Drive in Santa Rosa Beach. There will be more than 30 artisans and crafters, homemade cinnamon rolls and Boy Scouts to serve lunch.
Corpus Christi Catholic Church will hold a Fall Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 10 in the newly-remodeled Parish Hall. The bazaar will feature second hand treasures, homemade crafts and bake sale. Tables are for rent for $25. Call 650-1599.
The Volunteer Guild at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast hosts its annual Holiday Sale Extravaganza from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 10 and 12-16. Shoppers will receive a 15 percent discount on most gift shop items and a 20 percent discount on varying holiday items. Call 278-3032.
Sarah K’s Gourmet, 34940 U.S. 98 in Destin, will host its Fourth annual Halloween Candy Drive through Saturday, Nov. 10 for our troops stationed overseas. Children are encouraged to pen the soldiers a note and include a picture of him or herself dressed up for Halloween.
Florida Trail Association
The Florida Trail Association will hold the following events. Visit www.choctaw.floridatrail.org or call the listed number.
• Nov. 10: Bring the kids for an educational kid’s (and adult’s) hike at Krul Lake at 8:30 a.m. A day use fee is required. Call 803-9190 or 865-7075.
• Nov. 10: An overnight backpacking trip on Eglin near DeFuniak Springs at noon. Eglin recreation permit is required. Call 585-5150.
• Nov. 14: A 6.6-mile hike on the Alaqua Trail near DeFuniak Springs at 8:30 a.m. Eglin recreation permit required. Call 651-0902.
• Nov 17: A 10-mile hike on the Econfina Trail in Bay County at 9 a.m. Call 302-528-8284 or 689-8528.
• Nov. 22: A pot luck Thanksgiving dinner at Blackwater River State Park at noon with a short, leisurely hike around the Chain of Lakes trail afterwards. Call 682-6098.
• Nov. 27: Meeting at 6 p.m. at Ed’s Hometown Seafood & Steaks in Niceville. Visitors welcome. Call 654-1172.
Crafts, Treasures and Delights Bazaar
The Air Force Enlisted Village’s “Crafts, Treasures and Delights Bazaar” will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Bob Hope Village ballroom, 30 Holly Ave. in Shalimar. The bazaar is open to the public. Admission and parking are free.
Holiday shoppers will find a variety of items including hand crafted jewelry, natural skin care products, handmade hair clips, Scentsy, Mary Kay, baked goods, Pampered Chef, seasonal home decor, Christmas ornaments, stained glass, stationery, baskets, tapestries, Tastefully Simple, soaps, candles, Tupperware, and more. The bazaar is open to the public. Admission and parking are free.
Cheeseburger in Paradise will host a Toy Drive from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 10 in the parking lot of the business at Silver Sands Premium Outlets to help local foster children.
A free appetizer card will be given for any donation of a new toy, and a 20 percent discount on lunch that day will be given for any food dropped off. Also, remember there are teenagers in foster homes, and gift cards or teenager gifts would be greatly appreciated. Call 357-3562 or 837-0197.
Mellow Mushroom promotion
Mellow Mushroom launches a social media promotion, Follow Us and We’ll Follow You, using “liking” and “following” Mellow through social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Through Nov. 11, fans and consumers can go to www.FollowMellow.com and receive a free half order of pretzels, valid through Nov. 30, and the chance to win free pizza for a year, by simply liking or following Mellow Mushroom.
Arbor Wealth Management, LLC, a “Fee-Only” Registered Investment Advisory Firm, will host an “Income Generation Seminar” at 10 a.m. Nov. 14 in the Arbor Wealth Conference Room. Strategies are most appropriate for investors with $250,000 or more of investable assets. Refreshments will be served. Call 608-6121 to reserve seating.
The City of Destin’s 5th Annual Holiday Craft Show will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 16 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 17 at the Destin Community Center, 101 Stahlman Ave. Vendors will have artwork, handmade crafts, scrapbooking, silk florals, food products, jewelry and many more unique gift ideas. Call 654-5184.
Community Yard Sale
PAWS will hold its 2012 PAWS Community Yard Sale from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 17 at the Northwest Florida Fairgrounds in Fort Walton Beach. Adoption dogs will be on site, microchips will be $15 and rabies vaccinations will be $5 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. For donation pick up and drop off information, call 243-1525. All funds raised go to provide nutrition, shelter and healthcare for homeless, abused and neglected animals.
The Destin Snowbirds will open the “Roost” and have a ribbon cutting ceremony to begin the 2012-2013 year at 2 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Destin Community Center.
A workshop to assist students in Okaloosa County High Schools who will take the Dec. 8 ACT and the Dec. 1 SAT will be held from 2:15 to 4:15 p.m. Nov. 28, 29, 30, and Dec. 3, 4 and 5 at Fort Walton Beach High School. All materials, snacks and drinks are furnished. Students need to bring calculators. Registration deadline is Nov. 9. For information, contact Alice Hart at 615-585-2401, email Amhart1966@aol.com or contact your high school Guidance Department.
The following events are held regularly at the Destin Library. Call 837-8572
• Tai Chi for Arthritis: At 7 a.m. Wednesdays. Cost is $5/class.
• Cuddlers & Toddlers Storytime: From 3-3:45 p.m. Tuesdays and 9:30-10:15 a.m. Thursdays for ages 4 months to 4 years.
• Independent Film Series: Independent and foreign films shown at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month.
• Friends of the Destin Library: Monthly meeting held at 10 a.m. the second Friday of each month.
Destin Community Center
All activities are at the Destin Community Center, unless noted. Call 654-5184 for information and to register. Persons with disabilities who require assistance are asked to notify the center 48 hours in advance.
• Baton lessons: Begins in the spring. Call 699-8309.
• Chair yoga: Thursday at 10 a.m. Cost is $3/class.
• Duplicate bridge: At 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Thursdays at Buck Destin Park. Entry fee: $6. No partner needed.
• Game room: Open to children 10 and older and under 10 accompanied by adult from 1-9 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Intermediate party bridge: Mondays and Tuesdays at 12:45 p.m. at Buck Destin Park. Call 837-1967.
• Jazzercise class: 6 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call 621-3055.
• Kidz Klub: After-school program from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
• Modern line dance: Classes from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Jan. 11. Fee is $5/class.
• Open gym: Check ahead for times and dates open.
• Pickle ball: Pickle Ball courts will be set up at noon Mondays and Thursdays for beginning players and 10 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays for advanced players. Fee is $2.
• Table tennis: 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays and 3-5 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Tennis Academy: A tennis program with USPTA Professional Brian Wilson at Buck Destin Park on Legion Drive. This program will be open to all ages and abilities with days and times to be determined. Group classes will be one hour long and cost $15 a session. Private lessons will be $50 an hour. To sign up or for more information, email email@example.com.
• Walking Club: Walk with music from 8-9 a.m. Monday-Friday.
• Woodcarving: Fridays at 9 a.m. Fee is $3.
• Yoga: Thursdays at noon. Cost is $5/class.
• Zumba gold: Thursday at 11 a.m. Cost is $6/class.