TODAY, JULY 20
• Main Street Market: Open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in the parking lot of the Destin Water Users Building, 218 Main Street, with fresh local produce, baked goods, jams and jellies and more. Call 855-6384.
•Poker Run: The Special Forces Brotherhood MC will host a Poker Run for Autism July 20 beginning with registration at 11 a.m. at the American Legion Post 221 in Niceville. With stops in Fort Walton Beach, Destin and Freeport, the last stop will be at the SFBMC Clubhouse, 13885 State Hwy. 20 in Niceville, for food, drinks and prizes. Cost is $20 per bike/hand, $5 for additional hand.
• Writers In Sandals: Group celebrates four years from 10 a.m. to noon July 20 at the Destin Library. The topic is ‘Projections for Another Year’ with an open discussion on future topics, guests, an awards program and challenging writing assignments.
All area codes are 850 unless noted.
The Special Forces Brotherhood MC will host a Poker Run for Autism July 20 beginning with registration at 11 a.m. at the American Legion Post 221 in Niceville. With stops in Fort Walton Beach, Destin and Freeport, the last stop will be at the SFBMC Clubhouse, 13885 State Hwy. 20 in Niceville, for food, drinks and prizes. Cost is $20 per bike/hand, $5 for additional hand.
Main Street Market
Destin’s Main Street Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in the parking lot of the Destin Water Users Building, 218 Main Street, with fresh local produce, baked goods, jams and jellies, jewelry, soap, farm fresh eggs, milk, local roasted coffee, tacos, Crust artisan bakers, fresh gyros and salads. Call 855-6384.
Summer Feeding Program
The Okaloosa County School District will participate through Aug. 9 in the Summer Feeding Program serving breakfast from 7:15-8:15 a.m. and lunch from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at Destin Elementary School for all children 18 years of age and younger at no charge.
Covenant Hospice will hold a training workshop from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 25 at the branch office, 220 Eglin Parkway NE in Fort Walton Beach. The workshop is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. The training will present an overview of hospice care and volunteer choices. To register or learn more, call 729-1800.
Arbor Wealth Management, LLC, will host an Income Generation Seminar, “How To Make Your Portfolio Pay Monthly,” at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. July 31 in the Arbor Wealth Conference Room.
Covenant Hospice will offer an educational series for healthcare professionals from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 9 in the Student Services Center at Northwest Florida State College. Continuing Education Units will be awarded to Florida and Alabama nurses, social workers, nursing home administrators and nursing assistants attending all sessions. There is no cost, but reservations are required at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 428-0605.
Women's Self Defense Class
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office will host a Women's Self Defense Class from 9:30-11 a.m. Aug. 10 at 252 Eglin Parkway in Fort Walton Beach, next to Yamato's Japanese Restaurant. Class if for ages 12 and up. Dress comfortably. No registration required. Call 651-7153.
America’s Boating Course
The Fort Walton Sail and Power Squadron will present America’s Boating Course 3, a one-day, 8-hour class that completes most state boat licensing and insurance requirements, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 10 the Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce, 34 Miracle Strip Parkway, SE, in Fort Walton Beach. Anyone 12 years or older may attend. Materials fee is $45/person. Family discounts may apply, and family members may also take the proctored test at a reduced charge. Call 315-0686 or 863-0874 to register.
The merchants of Downtown Fort Walton Beach will host a Farmer's Market from 8 a.m. to noon Aug. 10 and Sept. 14 at 201 S. E. Miracle Strip Parkway in the grassy area behind Burrito Del Sol and Bella Day Spa & Hair Studio. Vendors will have locally grown and handmade items, such as fresh farm produce and fruit, honey, baked goods, fresh eggs, Greek and German food items, jams, jellies, dips, salsas, handmade soaps and scrubs, and more.
Middle School Dance
Destin Middle School Cheerleaders host a social evening of dancing, music, and refreshments from 7-9 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Destin Community Center. Cost is $5/person. Register at 654-5184.
The following events are held regularly at the Destin Library. Call 837-8572
• Tai Chi for Arthritis: At 7 a.m. Wednesdays. Cost is $5/class.
• Cuddlers & Toddlers Storytime: From 3-3:45 p.m. Tuesdays and 9:30-10:15 a.m. Thursdays for ages 4 months to 4 years.
• Independent Film Series: Independent and foreign films shown at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month.
• Friends of the Destin Library: Monthly meeting held at 10 a.m. the second Friday of each month.
Destin Community Center
All activities are at the Destin Community Center, unless noted. Call 654-5184 for information and to register. Persons with disabilities who require assistance are asked to notify the center 48 hours in advance.
• Chair yoga: Monday and Thursday at 10 a.m. Cost is $3/class.
• Duplicate bridge: Mondays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. and 12:320 p.m. Wednesdays. Entry fee: $6. No partner needed. Bridge lessons 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Intermediate party bridge: Mondays and Tuesdays at 12:45 p.m. at Buck Destin Park. Call 837-1967. Beginning bridge class at 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. $2/session.
• Jazzercise class: 6 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call 621-3055.
• Kidz Klub: After-school program from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Now accepting applications.
• Low Impact Aerobics: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:15 a.m. Bring water and a towel. Cost is $3/session.
• MMA Fitness: Class from 6-7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday for all ages. Cost is $7. Grappling bags and gloves provided.
• Pickleball: Pickle Ball courts are available. Call if interested.
• Walking Club: Walk with music from 8-9 a.m. Monday-Friday.
• Woodcarving: Fridays at 9 a.m. Fee is $2.
• Yoga: Thursdays at noon. Cost is $5/class.
• Zumba gold: Monday and Thursday at 11 a.m. Cost is $6/class.