Ladies nights are a long held tradition in the restaurant, bar and night club world, but did you know there are other businesses that offer discounts and specials just for being a woman? We compiled a list of some local businesses that offer ladies nights of a different variety to their customers.
• Need an oil change? Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers in Fort Walton Beach offers $5 off for ladies every Tuesday. Express Oil is at 771 Beal Parkway NW in Fort Walton Beach. For more information, call 850-863-4447 or visit www.expressoil.com/offers/.
• Like rustic décor or antiques? Belles & Whistles Southern Market may be just the place for your next girlfriends adventure. Every third Thursday of the month, the store stays open late, and from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. ladies – and anyone else who cares to join them – can meet the store’s vendors, enjoy wine, beer and soft drinks and peruse the store at their leisure. Belles & Whistles Southern Market is at 102 Eglin Parkway in Fort Walton Beach. For more information, call 850-737-2120 or find them on Facebook by searching Belles & Whistles Southern Market LLC.
• Want a night on the town? The Downtown Fort Walton Beach Organization hosts semi-regular Ladies Night Out events that include a stamp card of participating shops in the downtown area as well as complimentary wine and cheese. The event is free and open to ladies of all ages. Be on the look out for the next event scheduled for November by visiting www.downtownfwb.com.
• Want to sip & shop? Head over to Is That 4 Me Boutique in Destin on Monday nights and enjoy Mimosa Mondays. The boutique features ladies misses and plus size clothing as well as Southern style accessories and gifts. Is That 4 Me Boutique is at 35940 Emerald Coast Parkway in Destin. For more information, call 850-424-4074 or visit www.isthat4me.com.
• Like champagne? If you want a wider store selection while you sip and shop, check out the Bubbly Baytowne event on Sept. 21 and Oct. 17 at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. This event is open to everyone 21 and older and includes free champagne while you shop in participating merchants. The event begins at 5 p.m. The Village of Baytowne Wharf is at 9300 Baytowne Wharf Blvd. in Miramar Beach. For more information, visit www.baytownewharf.com.
• Want to support charity? Support Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center by joining in on the 3rd Annual Wiggin’ Out For A Cause event 6-10 p.m. Sept. 7 at Grand Boulevard in the Emerald Coast Theatre space. This extravagant ladies night will include an '80s-themed wig party where everyone gets a mystery wig upon arrival. Each lady then gets styling a make-up by Avantgarde Salon and, of course, there will be food, wine, photo booths, karaoke and plenty of dance music. Tickets are $75 if purchased early or $100 at the door. To purchase tickets online, visit www.eccac.org, or call 850-833-9237, Ext. 283.
• Like Motorcycles? Join Emerald Coast Harley-Davidson for a Ladies Garage Party October 19 from 7-9:30 p.m. A $15 donation will get you food, drinks, raffle ticket, fashion show, demonstrations and even a class on how to pick the perfect motorcycle. The event benefits the White Wilson Community Foundation in support of Breast Cancer Screening and Prevention.