BE PREPARED: The National Weather Service has issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook, reporting that scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms are expected across the region throughout the day.
As we are currently experiencing along the Emerald Coast, thunderstorm activity has moved across the region Sunday morning.
The National Weather Service has issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook, reporting that scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms are expected across the region throughout the day. Satellite imagery at 9 a.m. shows that more storm activity is expected over the next couple hours, so be prepared.
Severe activity will be closer to the coast in the morning hours and then developing inland and becoming more numerous late in the morning and through the afternoon.
A few of the stronger storms will be capable of producing gusty outflow winds, frequent lightning strikes, and locally heavy rainfall which could result in minor localized flooding. Showers and storms will decrease in coverage tonight, except near the coast where late night storms will again be possible.
The NWS forecast says there is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms throughout the day, decreasing to 30 percent overnight.
It also will be a stormy start to the week with the forecast calling for a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms all day Monday, then decreasing to a 40 percent chance of continued thunderstorm activity in the evening and throughout the day Tuesday.