All area codes are 850 unless noted.
Stroke support group
A free stroke support group will meet at 3 p.m. July 13 in the Suite 3 conference room at Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast for stroke survivors, caregivers and family members. Call 278-3600 to join the group.
Whether you are a seafood aficionado, a recreational fisher or a commercial fisher, the FWC wants to know what marine fisheries issues concern you. A workshop will be held from 6-8 p.m. July 14 at the Destin Community Center. The public is invited.
Jenny Stuckey, registered nurse and certified diabetes educator, will host self-management classes from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14 in the Resource Center Suite 1 education building at Sacred Heart. Pre-registration required and a physician referral is needed to attend. Call 278-3683.
Restaurant grand opening
Smashburger in Destin Commons, between World of Beer and Chipotle, will celebrate its grand opening from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. July 15. A DJ will be there from 12-2 and 4:30-6:30 p.m. and a magician will provide entertainment from 6-8 p.m.
Breast cancer support group
Meets at 6 p.m. July 21 in the Olson Women’s Diagnostic Center at Sacred Heart Hospital. Alice McCall, BS Psychology, will speak about Embracing Laughter. Call 278-3683.
Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast will host the Oneblood mobile unit from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 22 at the main entrance of the hospital. All donors will receive a free Tervis cup and a meal ticket to the hospital’s café. Oneblood will also provide a free wellness check for all blood donors, including blood pressure, temperature, iron count and cholesterol screening.
Alzheimer’s Support Group
The Covenant Alzheimer’s Support Group meets from 2-3:30 p.m. July 28 in the Suite 3 Education Center at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. Meets last Tuesday of month. Call 499-3390.
Summer Food Service Program
Through Aug. 6, Destin Elementary School will serve breakfast from 7:15-8:15 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m. to noon. Nutritionally balanced meals will be provided to all children regardless of race, color, sex, disability, age or national origin during summer vacation when school breakfasts and lunches are not available. All children 18 years old and younger are eligible for meals at no charge.
DUMC will host a free dinner for international students at 6:30 p.m. every Wednesday through August. For more information, please contact Cynthia Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org 850-543-6339.
Big Truck Day
The Annual Big Truck Day will be held from 9-11 a.m. Aug. 7 in the Destin Community Center parking lot. The event welcomes children of all ages to come and see the unique trucks. There is no charge for the event. Call 654-5184.
Grand Boulevard Farmers’ Market
The market will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in Grand Park in Miramar Beach between Cantina Laredo and Tommy Bahama’s.Vendors will offer locally sourced food-based items including produce, eggs, milk, butter, grass-fed beef, chicken, lamb, and pork, honey, pickled vegetables and gourmet jams. Market is held on Wednesdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The WaterColor Coastal Farmers Market will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Sunday at Cerulean Park. Traditional Farmers Market items such as local farm fresh produce, eggs, and dairy products will be available. There will also be a large variety of organic and homemade items such as Greek gourmet foods, hot and jerk sauces, grass fed beef, chicken, and pork. Market is held on Thursdays from March 12 through Labor Day.
30A Farmers’ Market
This community event from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays in Town Center in Rosemary Beach features fresh vegetables, fruits, eggs, honey, cheese and more. Market is held on Thursdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Seaside Farmers Market
Get your pick of fresh produce, baked goods, dairy products, native plants and other unique offerings Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Amphitheatre behind Raw & Juicy. Enjoy special cooking demos and activities.
Every Thursday, Starbucks at HarborWalk Village will host StoryHour@Starbucks at 3:30 p.m. There will be hot chocolate available for the kids, and all parents get 20 percent off their purchase.
Duplicate Bridge, ACBL, will be held at 9:50 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 307 Harbor Blvd. in Destin. Cost is $7. No partner necessary. For more information e-mail email@example.com
Destin Life Center
Recreation and fitness activities at Destin Life Center at Destin United Methodist Church, 200 Beach Drive, include the following. Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Closed Sunday. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday visit the Soul Café for lunch. Call ahead for dine in or pick up. For information, call the DLC at 837-2021.
• Adult Open Soccer: From 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays. Fee is $2/player.
• Adult Open Volleyball: From 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays. Fee is $2/player.
• Pickleball: From 2-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• Summer Dodgeball Camp: From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 15-19 with ending tournament June 19. $25/player
• Summer Basketball Camp: From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 22-26 with ending tournament June 26. $25/player
• DLC Fitness Cardio/Weight Room: Nautilus equipment, three treadmills, two ellipticals and one recumbent bike. Memberships are $40/calendar quarter; $30/month; $20/week; and $10/day.
• Community Fitness Classes: Indoor cycling, Zumba, Rise and Stretch, PIYO, Cardio Dance, Forever Young (senior aerobics) and more. Costs are $40/month; $7/class; $20/month Forever Young, fitness for seniors; and $3/individual Forever Young.
Destin Community Center
All activities are at the Destin Community Center, unless noted. Call 654-5184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to register. Persons with disabilities who require assistance are asked to notify the center 48 hours in advance.
• Chair Yoga: Class will be held at 10 a.m. Monday and Thursday. Cost is $4/class.
• Game Room: Open to children age 10 and older from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Line Dancing: Class for beginners will be at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays. Intermediate lessons are held at 1:30. Open dance is from 1:15-1:30 p.m. The class is $6.
• Senior Pilates: Class will be held from 9-10 a.m. Mondays. Cost is $6/class.
• Table Tennis: Tuesdays from 2-5 p.m. and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Yoga: Class will be held Thursdays at noon. Open to all yoga enthusiasts of any level. Cost is $6/class. Please bring a mat and towel.
• Zumba Gold: Mondays and Thursdays at 11 a.m. Cost is $6/class.