FORT WALTON BEACH — At least four local hospitals are among the health care facilities taking in patients from hospitals in Panama City that sustained damage from Hurricane Michael.

As of Friday morning those hospitals had taken in 133 patients from Panama City, and were expecting to receive as many as 50 more, according to figures included in various news releases.

Fort Walton Beach Medical Center had taken in more than 60 patients as of Friday afternoon, and remained ready to receive additional ones, according to Elizabeth Chestnut, the hospital's marketing coordinator.

"We've been going around the clock," Chestnut said.

The hospital's administrative staff has been working 24 hours a day since Tuesday, she added.

Most of the patients brought to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center have come from Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, a sister facility. A few patients also have come from Bay Medical Center, according to Chestnut.

Overnight Thursday, Baptist Hospital in Pensacola received nine patients evacuated from Bay Medical Center. Through Friday, Baptist Hospital was expecting up to 30 additional patients from the storm-ravaged area to be relocated to Baptist Health Care facilities, according to a news release.

"We are honored and humbled to be able to care for our neighbors in this way," Mark Faulkner, Baptist Health Care president and CEO, said in the news release.

Locally, Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast in Miramar Beach issued a news release Friday that said it had received a number of patients from Panama City, and was expecting to receive a total of 28 patients. Most of those came from Bay Medical Center, part of the Sacred Heart hospital system.

Another 66 patients from Bay Medical Center have been transferred to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola, which was expected Friday to receive an additional 15 to 20 patients from Bay Medical Center.

Sacred Heart Hospital on the Gulf, a 19-bed hospital in Port St. Joe, another area hit hard by Hurricane Michael, evacuated patients before the hurricane arrived and suspended all operations. The hospital building survived the hurricane intact but lacks power, communications and drinking water.