The water surrounding the Destin harbor shimmered Sunday night for the 32nd annual Holiday on the Harbor Destin Lighted Boat Parade.
The event, which was hosted by the Destin History and Fishing Museum, Margaritaville and Air Land Sea Productions, featured 20 boats that were festively decorated with lights and Christmas decorations to be enjoyed by a crowd of hundreds.
Mayor Gary Jarvis served as the master of ceremonies for the boat parade. This year's judges were Tisha Maraj with the Okaloosa County Tourist Development Council, Destin Library Director Wen Livingston and Woffy Ramone from the 99 Rock radio station. The three rated the boats on originality, lights, appearance and special effects.
The winners in the different categories were:
• Wayne Bradshaw's Perfect Storm for private 30 foot and under
• Jeff Henley's The Grinch for private 31 foot and over
• Hank Morphis' Liquid Therapy for charter/commercial 30 foot and under
• Ronnie Youmans' Sea Fix for charter/commercial 31 foot and over
• Harbor Partin's Emerald Grande Shuttle II for tour boat/motorized 50 foot and under
• Alex Kent's Hannah Marie for tour boat/motorized 51 foot and over
• Karl Marusak's Spider Crab for sailboat 31 foot and over
• Nick Price's Swoop II for overall best entry
• David Szklarski's Getting Nauti in the city of Destin Harbor Heritage Award.