Personal finance website WalletHub recently released its rankings of the best and worst Black Friday deals ahead of the holidays.
Figuring out the best and worst shopping moves on Black Friday can be tricky, especially because over half of American consumers now believe it’s not even the best time of the year to score deals on hot-ticket items.
Even with a decreased number of shoppers hitting the aisles, there are still deals to be had (and avoided), according to personal finance website WalletHub, which released its annual Black Friday rankings last week.
WalletHub identifies the pre-Black Friday price vs. the actual Black Friday price to identify where your dollar might stretch the longest:
Top 10 Deals
1. Lifetime Dual Entry Shed ($800)
2. ThinkPad T470 Laptop ($450)
3. Radiant Cedar Infrared Corner Sauna ($728)
4. JBL 3.1 Channel Soundbar ($251)
5. iBUYPOWER Desktop OD 095IV2 ($600)
6. Traeger Pro Series 34 Grill ($700)
7. Xbox One X 1TB Star Wars Bundle ($144)
8. LG 6.3 cu. ft. Electric Range ($601)
9. Walton 56 in. 3-in-1 TV Stand ($441)
10. Windsor Design Workbench ($465)
Note: WalletHub identified an additional discount on these items for shoppers who wait until Black Friday.
Top 5 Product Categories
1. Jewelry (70%)
2. Books, Movies & Music (44%)
3. Apparel & Accessories (39%)
4. Consumer Packaged Goods (37%)
5. Toys (33%)
Worst 5 Product Categories
1. Appliances (32%)
2. Video Games (Software Only) (30%)
3. Computers & Phones (27%)
4. Furniture (26%)
5. Consumer Electronics (25%)