After a shaky start, the Destin Marlins settled in and took care of business walking off the field with a 34-6 victory over the Lewis Falcons in middle school football action in Niceville Thursday night.

With the win, the Marlins move to 5-0 on the season and will host Baker next Thursday at home at 6:30 p.m.

Against Lewis, Destin had five players put touchdowns on the board.

“We had a lot of players play tonight … we got some of those younger kids in, so it was real good to see that they could line up and play well too,” said Destin Coach Mark Hinterthan. “We started Dylan (Matekovich) and we were out of sync with some misreads and had to make a change quick. Orr (Harrison) came in and did a great job.”

With Matekovich at quarterback on the Marlins first series, Jack Tenholder picked up a first down as well as Anthony Ordonez before they had to turn it over on downs.

In the second quarter, Destin began to settle down and marched the ball down the field with Tenholder clipping off 10-yards at the time on a couple of carries. Orr connected with Jacob Wester for a gain of 12 yards, and then he went to Maddax Fayard for a pick up of 16. Wester had a carry for 16 yards and then Tenholder finally took it in on a 5-yard run up the middle.

On the Falcons second possession, Destin picked off a toss with Jake Hill coming up with the ball. Six plays later, Destin was in the end zone. Orr connected with Fayard for a gain of 25 yards, and then Ordonez scored on a 7-yard run. Orr ran in the two-point conversion for a 14-0 lead.

Destin put one more TD on the board in the first half.

The Marlin defense stepped up again with Ethan Davis picking off a Falcon pass. Destin took over on the 42-yard line and scored on a reverse and pass play with Fayard connecting with Orr, who scrambled his way in from 36-yards out for the touchdown. Tripp Scannell kicked in the point after for a 21-0 lead at the half.

In the third quarter, Destin scored again in short order. With the ball at midfield, Orr found Pavel Baturyn for a gain of 16 yards. Orr put the ball up again, this time to Wester, for a gain of 11 yards. On the next play, Orr kept the ball for pickup of 18 yards. With the ball on the 2-yard line, Orr, who was trying to shake off a Lewis Falcon, found Tabious Thompson in the end zone for the TD. Scannell kicked in the extra point for a 28-0 showing.

On the Falcons' next possession, they picked up two first downs before Destin’s Fayard picked off a pass and ran the ball down the left sideline 65 yards for the score. The extra-point try failed and Destin led 34-0.

In the fourth quarter, the Destin defense picked off another pass with Maddox Hayles getting the ball.

The Marlins failed to make a first and turned it over on downs.

Lewis scored in the last seven seconds on a pass play. The 2-point try failed.

“I thought we threw the ball well tonight … spread it out a little bit better,” Hinterthan said.

Orr was seven of nine for 85 yards, including a touchdown pass.

“I’m just real happy. We had to come in here and win and leave injury free and we got it done,” Hinterthan said.