Bowlegs Festival to feature Zombie Pirate Night
Visitors coming to downtown Fort Walton Beach on Thursday, May 30, should be on the lookout for Pirate Zombies. The opening night of the 58th Annual Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival will feature this new twist on the traditional buccaneer theme, along with the Torchlight Parade, the children’s Pirate Walk at the downtown stores, and entertainment at The Landing, 139 Brooks Street.
• Pirate Walk: Kids' costumed trick or treating from 4-6 p.m. at downtown businesses on U.S. 98
• Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival kicks off at 6 p.m. at The Landing, including vendors, entertainment, and pirate fun
• Bowlegs Pub Crawl begins at 6 p.m. Visit www.FWBPubCrawl.com
• Torchlight Parade at 7 p.m. on Eglin Parkway
• Billy Bowlegs Pirate Zombie fun begins at 8 p.m. at the Landing. Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers perform.
• Zombie costume contests and fun at 8:30 p.m. at the Landing
• Festival closes at 9:30 p.m.
• Festival opens at 3 p.m.
• Recorded music at The Landing, 3-4:30 p.m.
• Live entertainment, 4:30-7 p.m.
• The Skirmish, 7 p.m.
• "Talk Like a Pirate" contest, 7:30-8 p.m.
• Cabo Rock, 8-9:30 p.m. on stage
• Fireworks show, 9:30 p.m.
• Festival closes, 10 p.m.
• Festival opens, 10 a.m.
• Recorded music, 10 a.m. to noon
• Pirate Karaoke, 12-1:30 p.m. on stage
• Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers from 2:30-5:30 p.m. on stage
• The Pirate Landing, 4-5 p.m.
• Don't Stop Believin' (Journey Tribute Band) from 7:30-9 p.m. on stage