Upcoming Arts and Entertainment (beginning May 13)
Listen to a free concert with the music of the Forrest Williams Band from 7-9 p.m. May 13 in the Events Plaza at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.
• May 20: Mamma Dear
• May 27: Bryan Lee
Sand Spurs Club
Square and line dance classes will be held every Wednesday beginning May 20 at Pasarda Hall, 17 Industrial Street in Fort Walton Beach. Cost is $5/person per night. Wear casual attire and comfortable shoes. A free open house will be held from 7-9 p.m. May 13. Call 974-0091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerts in the Village
Déjà Vu fills the evening with R&B and dance music from the ‘70s to the ‘90s at the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation’s 20th Annual Concerts in the Village at 7 p.m. May 14 in the Dugas Pavilion at the Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village, 4323 Commons Drive West in Destin. Tickets are $10/adults and children under 12 are free. Call 650-2226.
• May 21: Shades of Blue perform a smooth blend of jazz/blues along with their signature pop songs and selections from the ‘70s
• May 28: Local favorite, The Mulligans, entertain with the sounds of the ‘60s and dance music from the ‘70s
• June 4: Pieces of Eight delivers an evening of brassy soul and beachy R&B
• June 11: With energetic choreography and an eclectic sound, The Maxx entertains with classic oldies from yesterday and today’s pop tunes
• June 18: Party band Mr. Big & the Rhythm Sisters heat up summer with sizzling Motown and jazz
• June 25: Dance the night away under the stars with Tyn Tymes, the South’s favorite dance band
• July 2: Popular local singer/pianist/entertainer David Seering presents “An American Celebration” to close out the series
Act4Murder presents " Bebopped at the Sock Hop" at 7:30 p.m. May 15 at Angler's Beachside Grill on Okaloosa Island. Price is $50 adults, $25 for children 10 and under. Seating begins at 7 p.m. Call 862-2885 or visit http://act4murder.com for tickets.
• May 22: Killer in the Kitchen at Crab Island Cantina, 2 Harbor Blvd. in Destin. Price is $49.95/adults and $24.95 children 10 and under.
• May 31: A Vacation to Die For at at Crab Island Cantina, 2 Harbor Blvd. in Destin. Price is $49.95/adults and $24.95 children 10 and under.
ADSO window display
The Arts and Design Society presents the works of Isabel Smith during May in the studio windows. The Art Center Gallery is at 17 First Street, SE, in Fort Walton Beach.
Shiver Me Timbers
The Arts and Design Society's "Shiver Me Timbers" Show runs through May 29 is at the Art Center Gallery, 17 First Street in Fort Walton Beach. Admission is free.
Dog's Night Out
The Third annual Dog's Night Out to benefit the Destin Dog Park will be held from 6-8 p.m. May 16 at Fishheads, 98 Harbor Blvd. on Destin Harbor Boardwalk. Music by Coastal Soul. Raffle will be held at 7:30 p.m.
Little Black Dress Party
The White-Wilson Community Foundation will host the Sixth Annual Little Black Dress Party, A Night Under the Big Top, at 7 p.m. May 16 at Sandestin Linkside Exhibition Hall and will feature circus performances, dinner, dancing and an auction. The annual fundraiser will raise funds for preventive health care service for local underserved women. Tickets are $90 and tables of 10 for $850 are available at www.FWBLittleBlackDressParty.com.
ArtWalk on the Harbor
HarborWalk Village becomes a mini art district as dozens of artists showcase their creative artwork ranging from traditional to contemporary art, jewelry, paintings, handcrafted items and more from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 17 at HarborWalk Village. Also, music on main stage. Held third Sunday of each month.
HH Art Gallery
To honor the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War, photographs taken by Eric Harris during his duty in Vietnam 1966-1967 will be featured during the month of May at The Art Center, 100 Beal Parkway SE in Fort Walton Beach. Call 218-2155 for more information.
Tremonti, currently touring in support of their sophomore album Cauterize, will perform May 23 at Club L.A. in Destin. The band includes Mark Tremonti on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars, and Garrett Whitlock on drums.
Groovin’ On The Green
The Carillon Beach Institute presents a free concert with The Rowdies from 7-9 p.m. May 24 at the Village Green. Food and beverage vendors will be on site.
•June 1: Latitude 29
•June 8: Ebb Tyed
•June 15: Legacy
•June 22nd Civilized Natives
•June 29: The Jeff Carter Group
•July 4: Sonic Boom
•July 6: Jones & Company
•July 13: In Tune
•July 20: The Mighty Hurricanes
•July 27: Reasonable Doubt
•Aug. 3: Confederate Smoke
•Aug. 10: Luke Pinegar & Friends
•Aug. 17: Civilized Natives
•Aug. 24: Sonic Boom
•Aug. 30: The Rowdies