Upcoming Arts and Entertainment (beginning June 3)
Listen to a free concert with the music of Lauren St. Jane from 7-9 p.m. June 3 in the Events Plaza at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.
• June 10: Ocean Street
• June 17: Grady Champion
• June 24: Biscuit Miller and the Mix
Celebrate the summer season at 7 p.m. June 3 with Guthrie Brown & The Family Tree in the Seaside Amphitheater.
• June 10: Swear & Shake
• June 17: Caleb Hawley
• June 24: John & Jacob
•July 1: The Shadowboxers
• July 8: Alanna Royale
• July 15: Great Peacock
• July 22: Humming House
• July 29: The Mulligan Brothers
• Aug. 5: Elliot Root
• Aug. 12: Forrest Williams
• Aug. 19: Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes
• Aug. 26: MamaDear
Teen Night At Fud's
Every Wednesday from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. teens 14-17 are welcome to Teen Night at Fudpucker's in Destin until Aug. 12. The fun, safe, smoke-free and alcohol-free night includes dancing to the hottest DJ's tunes, free water and soft drinks. A staff of trained adults as well as off-duty Sheriffs deputies will patrol the area inside and outside the club.
Local's Night Out
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Destin presents Local's Night Out with the music of Jones & Company from 6-9 p.m. every Wednesday in the Courtyard Bar.
Red, White and Blue Celebration
Celebrate and honor a local hero who goes above and beyond to better our community at 7 p.m. June 4 at HarborWalk Village. Enjoy live entertainment, free kid’s crafts, face painting, and a vintage WWII aircraft flyover. The evening is topped off by a fireworks display. To nominate a hero, email email@example.com.
• June 11: Dr. Julie McNabb of Horizons: Emerald Coast Affiliate of The Arc
• June 18: Okaloosa County School District teachers and staff
• June 25: Joseph Trimboli and Eric Keyes of the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office
• July 2: Air Commando Ruckers, 16 Air Commandos from Hurlburt Field
Concerts in the Village
Pieces of Eight delivers an evening of brassy soul and beachy R&B at the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation’s 20th Annual Concerts in the Village at 7 p.m. June 4 in the Dugas Pavilion at the Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village, 4323 Commons Drive West in Destin. Tickets are $10/adults and children under 12 are free. For those in the armed services with valid military ID admission to the concert is just $5. Call 650-2226.
• June 11: With energetic choreography and an eclectic sound, The Maxx entertains with classic oldies from yesterday and today’s pop tunes
• June 18: Party band Mr. Big & the Rhythm Sisters heat up summer with sizzling Motown and jazz
• June 25: Dance the night away under the stars with Tyn Tymes, the South’s favorite dance band
• July 2: Popular local singer/pianist/entertainer David Seering presents “An American Celebration” to close out the series
Art exhibit: Dazzling Colors
Opening reception for the Arts and Design Society's show, "Dazzling Colors! ADSO Members' Calendar Show," will be held from 6-8 p.m. June 5 at The Art Center Gallery, 17 First Street in Fort Walton Beach. The winning 13 works will be featured in ADSO's 2016 Calendar. The show runs June 2-26.
Concerts at the Landing
Listen to the music of Heritage from 6-8:30 p.m. June 5 at The Landing in Fort Walton Beach.
• June 12: Forrest Williams Band
• June 19: Nick & the Ovorols
• June 26: Jacob Mohr Band
• July 3: Continuum
Enjoy world-class magic, illusions, ventriloquism and comedy as presented by variety performer Bart Rockett at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays in a state-of-the-art theater in the heart of Emerald Grande's HarborWalk Village. Never-before-seen illusions for all ages. Tickets are disappearing fast at www.DestinMagic.com.
Rock the Docks
Enjoy a free concert with Hotel Oscar from 7-9 p.m. June 6 on the HarborWalk Village stage.
• June 13: The Bottoms Up Band
• June 20: Gypsy Riod
• June 27: Flash Flood
• July 11: Gable Bradley Band
• July 18: The Wide Open
• July 25: Continuum
• Aug. 1: The Modern Eldorados
• Aug. 8: Continuum
• Aug. 15: The Deja Vu Band
• Aug. 22: Flash Flood
• Aug. 29: Hotel Oscar
Act4Murder presents the premiere of "Sex, Lies and Mail-Order Brides" at 7:30 p.m. June 7 at Crab Island Cantina, 2 Harbor Blvd. in Destin. Price is $49.95/adults and $24.95 children 10 and under.Seating begins at 7 p.m. Call 862-2885 or visit http://act4murder.com for tickets.
• June 14: A Condo to Kill For at 7:30 p.m. at 7:30 p.m. at Crab Island Cantina, 2 Harbor Blvd. in Destin. Price is $49.95/adults and $24.95 children 10 and under.
• June 18: A Vacation to Die For at 7:30 p.m. at Angler's Beachside Grill on Okaloosa Island. Price is $50 adults, $25 for children 10 and under.
• June 21: Decked Out for Death at 7:30 p.m. at 7:30 p.m. at Crab Island Cantina, 2 Harbor Blvd. in Destin. Price is $49.95/adults and $24.95 children 10 and under.
Groovin’ On The Green
The Carillon Beach Institute presents a free concert with Ebb Tyed from 7-9 p.m. June 8 at the Village Green. Food and beverage vendors will be on site.
•June 15: Legacy
•June 22nd Civilized Natives
•June 29: The Jeff Carter Group
•July 4: Sonic Boom
•July 6: Jones & Company
•July 13: In Tune
•July 20: The Mighty Hurricanes
•July 27: Reasonable Doubt
•Aug. 3: Confederate Smoke
•Aug. 10: Luke Pinegar & Friends
•Aug. 17: Civilized Natives
•Aug. 24: Sonic Boom
•Aug. 30: The Rowdies
HarborWalk Village transforms into the "Big Easy" from 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays with a Mardi Gras parade through the harbor. Street Party starts at 6 p.m. and parade rolls after sunset.Enjoy floats, colorful costumes, sky-high stilt walkers, street performers, jazz bands, beads, Moonpies and more during this free parade. Join the fun with your own float. Call 797-7024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to send application.
National Flip Flop Day
Tropical Smoothie Café celebrates its most popular event, National Flip Flop Day, from 2-7 p.m. June 19. Tropical Smoothie will hand out free 24-oz. Jetty Punch Smoothies to guests wearing flip-flops. This annual event raises money for Camp Sunshine; an organization that helps children with life-threatening illnesses and their families to make magical memories within the unique confines of Camp Sunshine.
ArtWalk on the Harbor
HarborWalk Village becomes a mini art district as dozens of artists showcase their creative artwork ranging from traditional to contemporary art, jewelry, paintings, handcrafted items and more from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 21 at HarborWalk Village. Also, music on main stage. Held third Sunday of each month.
Smoke on the Coast
The Fifth Annual Smoke on the Coast BBQ and Fireworks Festival begins at 2 p.m. July 3 at Destin Commons when 20 restaurants and BBQ aficionados light up their grills to prepare their best dishes. Vote for People's Choice winners beginning at 5 p.m. with a charge of $1 per sampling. Proceeds benefit Building Homes for Heroes, Children in Crisis and Food For Thought.
Kid’s activities, street performers, and continuous live music, including Heritage and other local favorites, will keep the party going. The evening will end with a firework extravaganza.