Upcoming Arts and Entertainment (beginning July 22)
Listen to a free concert with the music of Geoff McBride from 7-9 p.m. July 22 in the Events Plaza at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.
• July 29: Forrest Williams Band
• Aug. 5: Delta Reign
• Aug. 12: Stephen Simmons
• Aug. 19: Betty Fox Band
• Aug. 26: JP Soars & The Red Hots
Seaside Summer Concerts
Celebrate the summer season at 7 p.m. July 22 with Humming House in the Seaside Amphitheater.
• July 29: The Mulligan Brothers
• Aug. 5: Elliot Root
• Aug. 12: Forrest Williams
• Aug. 19: Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes
• Aug. 26: MamaDear
Red, White and Blue Celebration
Ginger Littleton will be honored at 7 p.m. July 23 at HarborWalk Village for swiftly helping save lives as a gunman took the Bay County School Board members hostage. Enjoy music, free kid’s activities, a WWII vintage air show and a fireworks finale over the harbor at 9 p.m. To nominate a hero, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• July 30: As CEO and Chair of Shepard’s Cornerstone Foundation, Cindy Wilson will be honored Cindy has turned to her true passion of serving others through philanthropy and volunteerism.
• Aug. 6: Jeremy Miller of the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office will be honored for his desire to serve others as seen from the 2,000 responses he has made this year.
• Aug. 13: Alison McDowell, director and marine scientist for the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance, will be honored for her goals for CBA and expansion of its mission and objectives.
• Aug. 20: Staci Berryman of the Emerald Coast Autism Center will be honored.
• Aug. 27:
• Sept. 3:Local service dogs are honored.
Enjoy a summer evening in Grand Park at Grand Boulevard at 8 p.m. through July 30. Emerald Coast Theatre Company will present a fun, comedic adaptation of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" during this 45 minute performance of the classic tale. Pre-show children’s activities by Abrakadoodle. This event is free and open to the public.
Rock the Docks
Enjoy a free concert with Continuum from 7-9 p.m. July 25 on the HarborWalk Village stage.
• July 25:
• Aug. 1: The Modern Eldorados
• Aug. 8: Continuum
• Aug. 15: The Deja Vu Band
• Aug. 22: Flash Flood
• Aug. 29: Hotel Oscar
ADSO window display
During July, The Arts and Design Society presents the works of Hanna Joensuu, who presents her newest collection, “Modern Batiks,” at The Art Center Gallery, 17 First Street, SE, in Fort Walton Beach. The collection is inspired by Henri Matisse’s paper cuts and Andy Warhol’s screen prints.
Enjoy a free family friendly movie, "Happy Feet," under the stars at 8 p.m. July 26 on the Events Plaza lawn at The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
• Aug. 2: Ratatouille
• Aug. 9: Cars
Summer at Baytowne
Free events at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin include:
• Hydro Flight Monday: Enjoy three shows over the lagoon by fly-board extraordinaire Ben Merrell at 7, 8 and 9 p.m. through Aug. 13 in the Events Plaza.
• Boomin' Tuesday: Enjoy lawn games, inflatables, and kids activities from 7-9 p.m. through Aug. 11 in the Events Plaza. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
• Magical Thursday: Captain Davy performs from 7-9 p.m. through Aug. 13 in the Events Plaza.
Act4Murder presents "A Vacation to Die For" at 7:30 p.m. July 23 at Angler's Beachside Grill on Okaloosa Island. Price is $50 adults, $25 for children 10 and under. Seating begins at 7 p.m. Call 862-2885 or visit http://act4murder.com for tickets.
Groovin’ On The Green
The Carillon Beach Institute presents a free concert with Reasonable Doubt from 7-9 p.m. July 27 at the Village Green. Food and beverage vendors will be on site.
•Aug. 3: Confederate Smoke
•Aug. 10: Luke Pinegar & Friends
•Aug. 17: Civilized Natives
•Aug. 24: Sonic Boom
•Aug. 30: The Rowdies
Enjoy free music with Chris Alvarado July 23 and 24 and Stevie Hall July 28 at the Village of Baytowne Wharf on Adventure Lane, across from Blast Arcade and Laser Maze.
• July 30: Chris Alvarado
• July 31: Stevie Hall
• Aug. 1, 6, 13, 20, 27: Chris Alvarado
• Aug. 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 25: Stevie Hall
ArtWalk on the Harbor
HarborWalk Village becomes a mini art district as dozens of artists showcase their creative artwork ranging from traditional to contemporary art, jewelry, paintings, handcrafted items and more from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 16 at HarborWalk Village. Also, music on main stage. Held third Sunday of each month.
Festival of the Arts
Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation hosts the 20th annual Festival of the Arts from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 24 and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 25 at the Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village in Destin. The festival showcases the original artwork of more than 100 artists and features a live music lineup, art activities for kids, souvenir posters and T-shirts, art raffle and more. A food bistro, wine and beer garden as well as convenient parking and motor coach shuttle are also available. Tickets are $5/adults and children under 12 are free. Call 650-2226.
HarborWalk Village transforms into the "Big Easy" from 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays with a Mardi Gras parade through the harbor. Street Party starts at 7 p.m. and parade rolls after sunset.Enjoy floats, colorful costumes, sky-high stilt walkers, street performers, jazz bands, beads, Moonpies and more during this free parade. Join the fun with your own float. Call 797-7024 or email email@example.com for information and to send application.
Nighttime Educational Beach Walks
Learn about sea turtles, their nesting habits and other wildlife along the beaches of Okaloosa Island and Destin at 8 p.m. Monday and Wednesdays through November. Limited to 20 people (ages 6 and older) per walk. The walks are free and include a 30-minute orientation. Reservations are required and may be made at 865-0868 or ECTurtleWatch@gmail.com.
Okaloosa Island Fireworks
Visit the Boardwalk to view the fireworks display from the Okaloosa Island Pier at 9 p.m. every Wednesday throughout the summer.
Teen Night At Fud's
Every Wednesday from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. teens 14-17 are welcome to Teen Night at Fudpucker's in Destin until Aug. 12. The fun, safe, smoke-free and alcohol-free night includes dancing to the hottest DJ's tunes, free water and soft drinks. A staff of trained adults as well as off-duty Sheriffs deputies will patrol the area inside and outside the club.
Locals Night Out
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Destin presents Locals Night Out with the music of Jones & Company from 6-9 p.m. every Wednesday in the Courtyard Bar.