Five ways you can have fun this weekend Oct. 2 - 4
• The big movies opening this weekend are “The Martian,” a PG-13 space thriller based on the best-selling novel, with Matt Damon in the lead role and helmed by Ridley Scott; and “Sicario,” an R crime thriller starring Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro.
• This weekend is National Storytelling Weekend, a weekend to, obviously, tell stories. Read to your kids, have your kids read to you, read to people at nursing homes or whatever you desire. Also check your library to see if they’re holding special events.
• A lot of Catholic churches will be holding pet blessing day on Sunday, so check around if you want your dog or cat (or even turtle) blessed. The day is in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, whose feast day is Oct. 4.
• October is here, which means it’s time to decorate for Halloween. You can get the kids involved by making cut-out pumpkins or ghosts, or you can start carving your Jack-o-lanterns. And don’t forget to get (or make) costumes
• It’s another big sports weekend, so get out those TV listings and start planning. The menu features college football, NFL, MLB, soccer, NASCAR’s Chase and more.
This article was contributed to The Log by More Content Now.