Five ways you can have fun this weekend Oct. 16 - 18
• The big movies opening this weekend are “Goosebumps,” a PG “horror” movie based on the wildly popular book series; “Crimson Peak,” an R hotter that really is a horror movie; and “Bridge of Spies,” a PG-13 drama that stars Tom Hanks and was directed by Steven Spielberg.
• Sweetest Day is Saturday. Whether you celebrate the day or not (it’s a pseudo Valentine’s Day), it’s a good excuse to indulge in some sweets and ask for some from your significant other - as if you needed another reason to indulge.
• Halloween season is in full swing, which means there are plenty of ways to celebrate: haunted houses, corn mazes, special events and more. Check the newspaper for event listings.
• Teen Read Week kicks off Sunday. It’s a week designed to get teens using the library and reading. Though most libraries are closed on Sundays, you can spend the weekend looking up books that seem interesting, or going to the library on Saturday to stock up for the week. For more information, go to http://teenreadweek.ning.com/.
• And again we have lots of good sports on tap: the MLB playoffs, NASCAR’s Chase, NFL and college football, MLS soccer and more. Check your TV guide for more information.
This article was contributed to The Log by More Content Now.