KIDS SUMMER ACTIVITIES 2016
It's summer and time for fun. To submit a summer activity for children this summer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Destin Community Center
The following events will be held during the summer at the Destin Community Center unless noted. Pre-registration is required. Register early, as space is limited, at www.cityofdestin.com or at the Center. Call 654-5184 or email email@example.com for information.
• Dodgeball: Ages 13-16 play from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays; ages 17 and up from 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays; and ages 8-12 from 6-8 p.m. Thursdays. Fee is $2/resident and $3/non-resident.
• Game Room: Open to children age 10 and older from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. Basketball/Volleyball Court, Ping Pong/Foosball/Air Hockey/Pool Tables
• Kids’ Night Out: Ages 5-12 will have a night full of games, movies and pizza from 6-9:30 p.m. June 3 (A Disney Night), July 15 (Lego Star Wars) and Aug. 12 (Luau Party). Fee is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
• Gardening Camp: Ages 5-12 will plant for themselves and areas around the Community Center from 12:30-2 p.m. June 6-8. Fee is $20/resident and $30/non-residents.
• Baton Camp: Ages 5-16 learn the basics of baton twirling from the All-Star Twirlers from 9 a.m. to noon June 6-10. Fee is $50/resident and $65/non-resident.
• Babysitting Safety Course: Courses for ages 11 through 15 will be held from 1-4 p.m. June 7 and 21 and July 12. Each student will be certified in CPR and First Aid. Cost $30/resident and $45/non-resident.
• Basketball Clinic: A free clinic for Destin girls grades 2-5 from 6:30-8 p.m. June 8, 15, 22, 29 and July 6, 13. $2/ non-Destin residents. The clinics will be directed by former Division I players, Kristen Warren (Kent State) and Jamie Fayard (Penn State). Sign up as soon as possible at 654-5184.
• Cooking and Serving: Youth ages 8-15 plan and prepare a luncheon from 12-3 p.m. June 14-16 and July 12-14. Cost is $50/resident and $60/non-resident.
• Kids’ Camp: Camp for ages 5-12 will be held from 9 a.m. to noon weekly Monday-Friday, beginning June 13 with It's A Jungle Out There. The camp will consist of games, crafts, swim days, structured playtime and snacks. Comfortable clothes and tennis shoes are required every day. A swimsuit and towel are required on Fridays. The weekly fee is $50/resident and $65/non-resident. Supervision is available from noon-1 p.m. at an extra fee of $5/resident and $10/non-resident for the entire week. A cold lunch must be provided if staying the extra hour.
• June 20: Infinity & Beyond
• June 27: Party in the USA
• July 4: No camp
• July 11: Under the Sea
• July 18: Olympics
• July 25: DCC Got Talent
• Aug. 1: Aloha Summer
• Dodge Ball Camp: Ages 9-14 learn official rules, techniques and strategies from 1-2:30 p.m. June 14-16 and July 26-28. Cost is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
• Tennis Camp: Ages 5-9 learn the basics of serving, backhand, and forehand from 1-3 p.m. June 20 and 22 at Buck Destin Park and ages 10-15 meet on June 21 and 23. Fee is $20/resident and $25/non-resident.
• Volleyball Camp: Ages 9-14 will learn ball control, spiking, setting, and passing from 1-3 p.m. June 20-22. Fee is $25/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Tumbling Camp: A basic tumbling camp will be held from 1-3 p.m. June 20-22. Fee is $30/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Sand Art Camp: Ages 5-12 can learn to make art with sand from 1-2:30 p.m. June 24. Cost is $20/resident and $25/non-resident.
• Pickleball Camp: Ages 10-15 will learn the basics from some of the best players on the Emerald Coast from 1-3 p.m. June 27 and 28. Fee is $15/resident and $20/non-residents.
• Ping Pong Camp: Ages 10-15 learn to serve, hit backhand and forehand and rally from 1-3 p.m. June 29-30. Fee is $14/rsident and $20/non-resident.
• Basketball Camp: Learn fundamentals of passing, dribbling, shooting and sportsmanship June 29-July 1. Ages 3-4 from 1-2 p.m. and ages 5-6 from 2:15-3:15 p.m. Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothes. Fee is $30/resident and $45/non-resident.
• Little Feet Camp: Learn basics of soccer from July 5-8. Ages 3-4 from 9-10 a.m. and ages 5-6 10:15-11:15 a.m. Fee is $10/resident and $15/non-resident.
• Cheerleading Camp: Ages 5-12 improve coordination, enthusiasm, team spirit and self-confidence from 1-3 p.m. July 5 and 6. Fee is $40/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Dance Camp: Learn various hip-hop styles including popping, breaking, locking and foundational hip-hop techniques for choreographed dance July 11-13. Ages 6-11 from 1-2 p.m. and ages 12+ 2-3 p.m. Fee is $30/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Golf Camp: Ages 7-15 will learn the basics of golf such as driving, putting and chipping from 1-3 p.m. July 18 and 19 at Golf Garden. and from 1-3 p.m. July 7 at Golf Garden. Cost is $40/resident and $50/non-resident.
Emerald Grande and Abrakadoodle present art projects, games, and fun for ages 5-12 years old from 10 a.m. 2 p.m. Wednesdays and Sundays and 6-10 p.m. Saturdays beginning May 28 on the Grande Vista level at Emerald Grande. At the day camps, children will create beach and summer themed art projects using a variety of materials, and the night camp will have an art project and a different movie each week, with popcorn. Cost is $45. To register call 424-5058 or visit http://www.abrakadoodle.com/fl-northwest/
Holy Kidz Camp
Children entering grades K-5 will be creatively engaged in activities learning about the love of Jesus while participating in crafts, games, science, recreation, cooking, stories, songs, and other surprises at Holy Kidz Camps.
Camp runs in weeklong sessions starting May 31 and run throughout the summer from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Waterday or Funday is held on Fridays.
Cost: $125/student per week for early registration. Siblings: $20 discount per week. Limited daily rates at $35 a day per child. (you must pre-register).
Scheduled camps will be held at Good News United Methodist in Santa Rosa Beach, May 31-June 24; Grace Lutheran in Destin, June 20-July 1; Coastline Calvary in Destin, July 11-29; and Good News Aug. 1-5.
Applications are also being taken for student volunteers, age 13 and up.
Call 586-8264 or register online at www.holykidzcamps.com.
Ultimate Summer Camp
Resolute Martial Arts, 4014 Commons Dr. W. #120 in Destin, hosts Ultimate Summer Camp for kids age 5-12 and runs from June 6 –Aug. 5, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with early drop off and late pick up available. Campers enjoy organized activities daily including weekly art project, weekly field trip, two karate classes each week, gymnastics tumbling class each week and Nerf wars once per week. Registration fee is $99 and weekly rate is between $155 and $175 per week. Prices are all inclusive.
Emerald Coast Theatre Company
Classes at Emerald Coast Theatre Company begin June 6 for preschool aged children through ninth grade. ECTC will offer four different camps divided by age group. Camps tuition starts at $109 with a $20 T-shirt/registration fee. The tuition goes up from there depending on the full day or half day to one week to two week variables of each camp. All camps will end with a final performance for parents and friends to enjoy. For information on dates of camps, visit EmeraldCoastTheatre.org or call 684-0323.
RBCS summer camps
A faith based day camp at Rocky Bayou Christian School, 201 Beach Drive in Destin, includes daily Bible lessons and weekly trips to The Track, bowling, Goofy Golf, roller skating, and field trips/activities. Swim lessons with certified instructors and recreational swimming supervised by certified lifeguards.
Camp, for ages 5-13, is held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, June 6-July 29. First Baptist Church Destin has before and aftercare options.
For all camps, whole day, half day and daily rates, and to register call 729-7227 or visit https://rbcs.org/about/summer-programs/.
DUMC Summer Camp
A daily message, worship, dancing/karaoke, arts and crafts, outdoor play, a fitness program, dodge ball, basketball, pickle ball and kick ball are part of summer camp at Destin United Methodist Church on Beach Drive.
Children who have completed Pre-K 4 to fifth grade may attend camps from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday June 13-July 29. Campers will have lunch from the Soul Café as well as a morning and afternoon snack.
Fees are $85/week per child, $60/second sibling, and $40/third sibling. Each paid camper will receive a DLC Summer Camp T-Shirt.
Register at http://www.destinumc.org/summercamp.
Holy Mackerel Summer Camp
Holy Mackerel is for children who are entering Kindergarten through fifth grade in the fall of 2016. Sixth and seventh graders can attend as Deckhands (Leaders in Training).
The week-long camps will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 13-17, June 27-July 1 and July 18-22 at Immanuel Anglican Church, 250 Indian Bayou in Destin.
Cost is a one-time $25 registration fee plus $80 per session ($60 for siblings attending the same session).
Register at iacdestin.org or call 830-3146.
Kids on Campus
Kids on Campus offers summer enrichment and fun learning in a college environment at NWFSC in Niceville. Sessions are June 13-23 and July 11-21.Students choose from a variety of classes such as athletics, hands-on science, fine and performing arts, academics and art. Students create their own schedule and can choose morning, afternoon, or all-day classes. New classes this year include Jr. Safety (in partnership with Public Safety); Freshwater Frenzy (in partnership with Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance); and Icing on the Cake.
Kids on Campus with All Kinds of Art! Will be held July 25-29 at the Chautauqua Center in DeFuniak Springs in partnership with the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation. All sessions of Kids on Campus are open to students entering third through eighth grades.
Visit www.nwfsc.edu/kidsoncampus or call 850-729-6086.
Kids' Art Camp
The Arts and Design Society will offer weeklong art classes by age for children beginning June 20 at the ADSO Art Center, 17 First Street, SE in Fort Walton Beach. A different medium will be featured each day and each week ends with an art show and reception for the families.
Sessions are from 9:30-11:30 a.m. June 20-24 for ages 6-8; 1-3 p.m. June 20-24 for ages 9-13; 9:30-11:30 a.m. July 11-14 for ages 6-11; and 1-3 p.m. July 11-15 for ages 6-11.
The cost for each of the week-long sessions is $70 per child ($60 for the children of ADSO members). Pre-registration required by June 17, for June sessions and July 8 for July sessions. Call 244-1271 or visit www.artsdesignsociety.org.
RideOn Surf School
Billabong surf camps run from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Sunday. Surfboard, leash, rash guard/wetsuit included. Billabong grab bag includes T-shirt, stickers, etc. Cost is $90/person for 1 day; additional days $60/person. Limited spots available.
RideOn summer camps are held from 10 a.m. to noon Monday through Sunday and are designed for those who can't get enough water. Instruction places emphasis on improving surf skills and includes surfboard, leash and rash guard. Weekly rate is $160/person for four (2 hour) sessions. Monthly rate $500/person for 16 (2 hour) sessions.
Mini surf lessons start at 1 p.m. and include a 30 minute introductory lesson with surfboard, leash and rash guard provided. Cost is $40/person per 1/2 hour plus additional 30 minutes free surf time.
RideOn Surf School is located behind Capt. Dave's Restaurant, 3796 Old Hwy. 98 in Destin. Call 240-7822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.