Children's Summer Activities July 18
It’s time again to choose activities that kids will enjoy during their summer vacation. To list a summer activity, or send a picture of children having summer fun, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Destin Community Center
The following events will be held during the summer at the Destin Community Center unless noted. Register early, as space is limited, at www.cityofdestin.com or at the Center. Call 654-5184 or email email@example.com for information.
• Cheerleading Camp: Hosted by the DMS Marlins for ages 5-12 to improve coordination, enthusiasm, team spirit and self-confidence from 1-3 p.m. July 23 and 24. Fee is $30/resident and $45/non-resident.
• Babysitting Safety Course: Courses for ages 11 through 15 will be held from 1-4 p.m. July 28 and Aug. 4. Each student will be certified in CPR and First Aid. Cost $45/resident and $65/non-resident.
• Kids’ Night Out: Ages 5-12 will have a night full of games, movies and pizza from 6-9:30 p.m. July 24 and Aug. 17. Fee is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
• Volleyball Camp: Ages 9-14 will learn ball control, spiking, setting, and passing from 1-3 p.m. July 27-30. Fee is $25/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Dodge Ball Camp: Ages 9-14 learn official rules, techniques and strategies from 1-3 p.m. Aug. 3-6. Cost is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
The Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge will hold its SummerWild Camp learning about all things related to wildlife rehabilitation, rescue, species, etc., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Aug. 14 at HarborWalk Village for those entering first to sixth grade. Cost is $150/week or $30/day and $100/siblings. Military discount is 10 percent. Snacks, juice, and water are provided and campers bring their own lunch each day. Register at 830-3933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fine Art Summer Camp
Children and teens can work in different mediums weekly including drawing, painting, sculpture, and calligraphy from basic to advanced from 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. Choose 9 a.m. to noon or 12:30-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, with no more than five students. Cost is $95 per week session in the Niceville studio. Call 279-3601, 598-7887 or email email@example.com.
The Emerald Coast Science Center, 31 SW Memorial Parkway in Fort Walton Beach, will host the following summer camps. For costs and to register call 664-1261.
• July 21-24: out of this World Camp
• July 24: Lego Workshop
Holy Mackerel Summer Camp
Week-long camp for ages 5 years to 5th grade will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 20-24 at Immanuel Anglican Church in Destin. Children will sing, dance, enjoy Bible study, skits, missions, crafts and some free time. Cost is $80/session and $60/siblings. Registration fee is $25. Sixth and seventh graders can attend as leaders in training. Call 830-3146 or email ChildrenMin@iac.gccoxmail.com.
Village Baptist Church will offer a Kids Summer Sewing Camp, taught by Lesley Brown, owner of Sew Creative, for beginning and intermediate sewers from 2-5 p.m. July 27, 28 and 29. Cost is $125. Call 974-2128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book space.
Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park's Sunset Camp provides fun learning experiences for ages 6-14, including dolphin encounter, beach exploration, ocean themed activities, scavenger hunt and dinner at Seal Harbor from 4-9 p.m. on select Tuesdays and Thursdays through Aug. 4 while the parents enjoy a night out. Call 243-9046.
Registration is open for the 2015 Youth Village Summer Camp at 312 Pelham Road in Fort Walton Beach. Activities include field trips, drama/theater workshops, end-of-summer community production, end-of-summer pirate cruise, fitness classes with a certified group fitness instructor, reading circle, arts and crafts and more.
Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Aug. 14 for children in Kindergarten through eighth grade. Email email@example.com or visit www.nelliesyouthvillage.org.
Youth Village will present the musical Disney's Aladdin Kids at 5 p.m. Aug. 1 at Shoreline Church in Uptown Station on Eglin Parkway in Fort Walton Beach. Stars of the production are the Youth Village Kids. Admission is free with donations gladly accepted.