Five ways to have fun this weekend
• The big movies opening this week are “Straight Outta Compton,” an R biopic about NWA, and “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.,” a PG-13 action thriller based on the TV show of the same name.
• Saturday is National Relaxation Day, a holiday we can definitely get behind. Since it’s on a Saturday this year, it’s the perfect day to just go hang out at the pool or beach. If you have to work, plan an evening of watching a movie or binge-watching a TV show, or whatever you consider most relaxing.
• Monday is National Thrift Shop Day, but since it falls on a Monday, you can celebrate this weekend instead. Go find some inexpensive treasures — figurines, clothes, artwork or whatever. Discover (or rediscover) how fun it can be to go thrift store shopping.
• School is starting, so if you have school-age kids, this is the perfect weekend for some back-to-school shopping. You can try to find some deals at a thrift shop, or head to your favorite store. Have a game plan in mind so you and your kids aren’t just running around aimlessly.
• In sports, this weekend we have the Little League Baseball World Series, always a big hit. Also in action are Major League Baseball, NASCAR and Major League Soccer. Check the newspaper for schedules.
This article was contributed to The Log by More Content Now.