Community Happenings 6-26
TODAY, JUNE 26
• DestinCity Hall: The Bid Committee will meet at 9:15 a.m. and the Environmental/Tree Board at 5 p.m. June 26.
• Seminar: Arbor Wealth Management, LLC, a “fee-only” registered investment advisory firm, will host an Income Generation Seminar, “How to Make Your Portfolio Pay Monthly” at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. June 26 in the Arbor Wealth Conference Room. Call 608-6121 to reserve seating. Refreshments will be served.
All area codes are 850 unless noted.
Main Street Market
Destin’s Main Street Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in the parking lot of the Destin Water Users Building, 218 Main Street, with fresh local produce, baked goods, jams and jellies, jewelry, soap, farm fresh eggs, milk, local roasted coffee, tacos, Crust artisan bakers, fresh gyros and salads. Call 855-6384.
Summer Feeding Program
The Okaloosa County School District will participate in the Summer Feeding Program serving breakfast and lunch for all children 18 years of age and younger at no charge.
• Destin Elementary: through Aug. 9, breakfast 7:15-8:15 a.m. and lunch 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Destin Middle: through June 28, breakfast 6:45-7:30 a.m. and lunch 10:45-11:30 a.m.
A Boating Safety Class will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 29 at Coast Guard Station Destin, on Okaloosa Island. Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. Pre-registration required at 720-427-9058 or email email@example.com by June 26. Cost is $35 and includes the course, book, exam, FWC Safe Boating ID Card, lunch, line handling and knots demo, tour of the station and safety whistle.
Covenant Hospice will hold a training workshop from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 25 at the branch office, 220 Eglin Parkway NE in Fort Walton Beach. The workshop is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. The training will present an overview of hospice care and volunteer choices. To register or learn more, call 729-1800.
Middle School Dance
Destin Middle School Cheerleaders host a social evening of dancing, music, and refreshments from 7-9 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Destin Community Center. Cost is $5/person. Register at 654-5184.
The following events are held regularly at the Destin Library. Call 837-8572
• Tai Chi for Arthritis: At 7 a.m. Wednesdays. Cost is $5/class.
• Cuddlers & Toddlers Storytime: From 3-3:45 p.m. Tuesdays and 9:30-10:15 a.m. Thursdays for ages 4 months to 4 years.
• Independent Film Series: Independent and foreign films shown at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month.
• Friends of the Destin Library: Monthly meeting held at 10 a.m. the second Friday of each month.
Destin Community Center
All activities are at the Destin Community Center, unless noted. Call 654-5184 for information and to register. Persons with disabilities who require assistance are asked to notify the center 48 hours in advance.
• Chair yoga: Monday and Thursday at 10 a.m. Cost is $3/class.
• Duplicate bridge: Mondays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. and 12:320 p.m. Wednesdays. Entry fee: $6. No partner needed. Bridge lessons 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Intermediate party bridge: Mondays and Tuesdays at 12:45 p.m. at Buck Destin Park. Call 837-1967. Beginning bridge class at 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. $2/session.
• Jazzercise class: 6 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call 621-3055.
• Kidz Klub: After-school program from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Now accepting applications.
• Low Impact Aerobics: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:15 a.m. Bring water and a towel. Cost is $3/session.
• MMA Fitness: Class from 6-7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday for all ages. Cost is $7. Grappling bags and gloves provided.
• Pickleball: Pickle Ball courts are available. Call if interested.
• Walking Club: Walk with music from 8-9 a.m. Monday-Friday.
• Woodcarving: Fridays at 9 a.m. Fee is $2.
• Yoga: Thursdays at noon. Cost is $5/class.
• Zumba gold: Monday and Thursday at 11 a.m. Cost is $6/class.