Community Happenings 7-13
All area codes are 850 unless noted.
Main Street Market
Destin’s Main Street Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in the parking lot of the Destin Water Users Building, 218 Main Street, with fresh local produce, baked goods, jams and jellies, jewelry, soap, farm fresh eggs, milk, local roasted coffee, tacos, Crust artisan bakers, fresh gyros and salads. Call 855-6384.
The merchants of Downtown Fort Walton Beach will host a Farmer's Market from 8 a.m. to noon July 13, Aug. 10 and Sept. 14 at 201 S. E. Miracle Strip Parkway in the grassy area behind Burrito Del Sol and Bella Day Spa & Hair Studio. Vendors will have locally grown and handmade items, such as fresh farm produce and fruit, honey, baked goods, fresh eggs, Greek and German food items, jams, jellies, dips, salsas, handmade soaps and scrubs, and more.
Summer Feeding Program
The Okaloosa County School District will participate through Aug. 9 in the Summer Feeding Program serving breakfast from 7:15-8:15 a.m. and lunch from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at Destin Elementary School for all children 18 years of age and younger at no charge.
Free workshops, Making the Most of a Job Fair, will be held from 9-10 a.m. July 16 at JobsPlus, 409 NE Racetrack Road in Fort Walton Beach, and at JobsPlus, 212 N.Wilson St. in Crestview. Seating limited to first 30 who RSVP at email@example.com for Fort Walton Beach and firstname.lastname@example.org for Crestview.
The sixth annual North Okaloosa Veterans' Career Expo will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 24 at the Crestview Community Center, 1446 Commerce Drive.
Covenant Hospice will hold a training workshop from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 25 at the branch office, 220 Eglin Parkway NE in Fort Walton Beach. The workshop is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. The training will present an overview of hospice care and volunteer choices. To register or learn more, call 729-1800.
Covenant Hospice will offer an educational series for healthcare professionals from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 9 in the Student Services Center at Northwest Florida State College. Continuing Education Units will be awarded to Florida and Alabama nurses, social workers, nursing home administrators and nursing assistants attending all sessions. There is no cost, but reservations are required at email@example.com or call 428-0605.
Middle School Dance
Destin Middle School Cheerleaders host a social evening of dancing, music, and refreshments from 7-9 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Destin Community Center. Cost is $5/person. Register at 654-5184.
The following events are held regularly at the Destin Library. Call 837-8572
• Tai Chi for Arthritis: At 7 a.m. Wednesdays. Cost is $5/class.
• Cuddlers & Toddlers Storytime: From 3-3:45 p.m. Tuesdays and 9:30-10:15 a.m. Thursdays for ages 4 months to 4 years.
• Independent Film Series: Independent and foreign films shown at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month.
• Friends of the Destin Library: Monthly meeting held at 10 a.m. the second Friday of each month.
Destin Community Center
All activities are at the Destin Community Center, unless noted. Call 654-5184 for information and to register. Persons with disabilities who require assistance are asked to notify the center 48 hours in advance.
• Chair yoga: Monday and Thursday at 10 a.m. Cost is $3/class.
• Duplicate bridge: Mondays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. and 12:320 p.m. Wednesdays. Entry fee: $6. No partner needed. Bridge lessons 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Intermediate party bridge: Mondays and Tuesdays at 12:45 p.m. at Buck Destin Park. Call 837-1967. Beginning bridge class at 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. $2/session.
• Jazzercise class: 6 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call 621-3055.
• Kidz Klub: After-school program from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Now accepting applications.
• Low Impact Aerobics: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:15 a.m. Bring water and a towel. Cost is $3/session.
• MMA Fitness: Class from 6-7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday for all ages. Cost is $7. Grappling bags and gloves provided.
• Pickleball: Pickle Ball courts are available. Call if interested.
• Walking Club: Walk with music from 8-9 a.m. Monday-Friday.
• Woodcarving: Fridays at 9 a.m. Fee is $2.
• Yoga: Thursdays at noon. Cost is $5/class.
• Zumba gold: Monday and Thursday at 11 a.m. Cost is $6/class.