Community Meetings Aug. 5
All area codes are 850 unless specified.
Destin City Hall
All City Council meetings, workshops, executive sessions and CRA Board meetings are held at the City Hall Annex, 4100 Indian Bayou Trail. All other board and committee meetings are held at City Hall, 4200 Indian Bayou Trail.
• Board of Adjustment Hearing, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 5
• Budget Workshop, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 10
• Council Workshop, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 11
• Public Works/Public Safety, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 11
• Harbor CRA-AC, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 12
• Special Magistrate Hearing, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 13
The Sand Dunes Chapter of Embroiderers' Guild of America stitch-ins will be from 1:30-4:30 p.m. Aug. 9 and 23 and annual membership coffee will be at 11 a.m. Aug. 15 in the Religious Education building, Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church on Valparaiso Boulevard in Niceville. Call 496-3466.
Writers In Sandals
The group will meet at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 15 at the Destin Library. Local therapist Radford "Raffy" McGrath explores overcoming fear through Rapid Resolution Therapy.
The Pastel Society of North Florida will meet from 9-11:30 a.m. Aug. 29 in the Fellowship Hall of the Church of Christ, 232 Hollywood Blvd. in Fort Walton Beach.
To become more effective communicators and leaders, visit one or more of the Toastmasters clubs at the following or visit www.toastmasters.org/Find-a-Club.
• Club 702 White Sands Toastmasters, 12-1 p.m. Thursdays at 415 Racetrack Road NE, in Fort Walton Beach.
• Club 1919 Emerald Coast Toastmasters, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Education Bldg 251, Room 122 Eglin AFB.
• Club 9478 Hurlburt Toastmasters, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Education Center Bldg. 221, Classroom L, Hurburt Field.
• Club 724908 Destin Toastmasters, 5:45-7:15 p.m. 1st and 3rd Tuesday each month at Walton Utility Co. Building.
• Club 817348 Crestview Toastmasters, 6-7 p.m. 2nd and 4th Tuesday each month at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Crestview.
• Club 851515 Lake DeFuniak Toastmasters, 12-1 p.m. 2nd and 4th Thursday each month at Northwest Florida State College, Room 103 at the Chautauqua Center.
Seniors of Destin
The Seniors of Destin meet the fourth Friday of the month for a covered dish and to celebrate all birthdays for the month. The program is sponsored by the City of Destin and Gentiva Home Health. Each month has a featured guest speaker that pertains to senior living. Call 685-5310.
The Main Street Betterment Alliance meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the American Legion, 311 Main Street. Call 837-3818.
Destin Business Builders
Destin Business Builders Networking group meets from 7:15-8:45 a.m. every Wednesday at the Destin United Methodist Life Center. Call 651-1300, ext. 13.
Coffee and Cars
Emerald Coast Muscle Car Club hosts Coffee and Cars the last Sunday of every month in Uptown Station in Fort Walton Beach. For information, call 200-2465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Buying Club
A small group interested in eating healthy and purchasing smart meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 125 Scottsdale Court in Mary Esther. On the second Tuesday, the group meets at Fountain Square in downtown Fort Walton Beach for the Growing Local film series. Call 863-4040.
Kiwanis Club of Destin
The Kiwanis Club of Destin meets every Thursday at 8 a.m. at the Destin Methodist Church Life Center on Beach Drive in Destin. The public is invited to attend the club’s weekly meetings.
The Destin Rotary meets at 7:15 a.m. every Tuesday at Rutherford’s 465. Call 269-1080.
Flotilla 1-4 USCG Auxiliary
Flotilla 1-4 USCG Auxiliary meets at 8 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at Coast Guard Station Destin on Okaloosa Island. Anyone wishing to become a member is welcome to attend. Prior military duty is not required. Call 865-9130 or email www.flotilla14.info.
The Destin Optimist Club meets at noon on the second Thursday of each month at The Lighthouse restaurant. Cost of lunch is $11. Call 650-2800.