KIDS SUMMER ACTIVITIES 2016
It's almost summer again and time to choose events for the kids. Here is what the Community Center will offer.
Destin Community Center
The following events will be held during the summer at the Destin Community Center unless noted. Pre-registration is required. Register early, as space is limited, at www.cityofdestin.com or at the Center. Call 654-5184 or email email@example.com for information.
• Dodgeball: Ages 13-16 play from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays; ages 17 and up from 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays; and ages 8-12 from 6-8 p.m. Thursdays. Fee is $2/resident and $3/non-resident.
• Game Room: Open to children age 10 and older from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. Basketball/Volleyball Court, Ping Pong/Foosball/Air Hockey/Pool Tables
• Kids’ Night Out: Ages 5-12 will have a night full of games, movies and pizza from 6-9:30 p.m. June 3 (A Disney Night), July 15 (Lego Star Wars) and Aug. 12 (Luau Party). Fee is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
• Gardening Camp: Ages 5-12 will plant for themselves and areas around the Community Center from 12:30-2 p.m. June 6-8. Fee is $20/resident and $30/non-residents.
• Baton Camp: Ages 5-16 learn the basics of baton twirling from the All-Star Twirlers from 9 a.m. to noon June 6-10. Fee is $50/resident and $65/non-resident.
• Babysitting Safety Course: Courses for ages 11 through 15 will be held from 1-4 p.m. June 7 and 21 and July 12. Each student will be certified in CPR and First Aid. Cost $30/resident and $45/non-resident.
• Cooking and Serving: Youth ages 8-15 plan and prepare a luncheon from 12-3 p.m. June 14-16 and July 12-14. Cost is $50/resident and $60/non-resident.
• Kids’ Camp: Camp for ages 5-12 will be held from 9 a.m. to noon weekly Monday-Friday, beginning June 13 with It's A Jungle Out There. The camp will consist of games, crafts, swim days, structured playtime and snacks. Comfortable clothes and tennis shoes are required every day. A swimsuit and towel are required on Fridays. The weekly fee is $50/resident and $65/non-resident. Supervision is available from noon-1 p.m. at an extra fee of $5/resident and $10/non-resident for the entire week. A cold lunch must be provided if staying the extra hour.
• June 20: Infinity & Beyond
• June 27: Party in the USA
• July 4: No camp
• July 11: Under the Sea
• July 18: Olympics
• July 25: DCC Got Talent
• Aug. 1: Aloha Summer
• Dodge Ball Camp: Ages 9-14 learn official rules, techniques and strategies from 1-2:30 p.m. June 14-16 and July 26-28. Cost is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
• Tennis Camp: Ages 5-9 learn the basics of serving, backhand, and forehand from 1-3 p.m. June 20 and 22 at Buck Destin Park and ages 10-15 meet on June 21 and 23. Fee is $20/resident and $25/non-resident.
• Volleyball Camp: Ages 9-14 will learn ball control, spiking, setting, and passing from 1-3 p.m. June 20-22. Fee is $25/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Tumbling Camp: A basic tumbling camp will be held from 1-3 p.m. June 20-22. Fee is $30/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Sand Art Camp: Ages 5-12 can learn to make art with sand from 1-2:30 p.m. June 24. Cost is $20/resident and $25/non-resident.
• Pickleball Camp: Ages 10-15 will learn the basics from some of the best players on the Emerald Coast from 1-3 p.m. June 27 and 28. Fee is $15/resident and $20/non-residents.
• Ping Pong Camp: Ages 10-15 learn to serve, hit backhand and forehand and rally from 1-3 p.m. June 29-30. Fee is $14/rsident and $20/non-resident.
• Basketball Camp: Learn fundamentals of passing, dribbling, shooting and sportsmanship June 29-July 1. Ages 3-4 from 1-2 p.m. and ages 5-6 from 2:15-3:15 p.m. Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothes. Fee is $30/resident and $45/non-resident.
• Little Feet Camp: Learn basics of soccer from July 5-8. Ages 3-4 from 9-10 a.m. and ages 5-6 10:15-11:15 a.m. Fee is $10/resident and $15/non-resident.
• Cheerleading Camp: Ages 5-12 improve coordination, enthusiasm, team spirit and self-confidence from 1-3 p.m. July 5 and 6. Fee is $40/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Dance Camp: Learn various hip-hop styles including popping, breaking, locking and foundational hip-hop techniques for choreographed dance July 11-13. Ages 6-11 from 1-2 p.m. and ages 12+ 2-3 p.m. Fee is $30/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Golf Camp: Ages 7-15 will learn the basics of golf such as driving, putting and chipping from 1-3 p.m. July 18 and 19 at Golf Garden. and from 1-3 p.m. July 7 at Golf Garden. Cost is $40/resident and $50/non-resident.