Car total loss after Tuesday fire

Staff Reporter
The Destin Log

Firefighters from the Destin Fire Control District responded to the scene of a car fire Tuesday night at the Legacy on the Bay community.

"It was fully involved when we arrived," Fire Chief Kevin Sasser told The Log.

The fire started inside a 2008 Volvo, which was a total loss. It's believed that the fire was caused by the car's electrical system, but Sasser said they were unable to determine the actual cause. No foul play or arson was suspected.

A 2010 Buick Enclave, which was parked next to the Volvo, also sustained damages from the flames and heat.

Debris from the Volvo's airbag was found more than 40 feet away from the vehicle, according to an offense report from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

There were no injuries related to the incident.