Lighting up the Harbor
Folks lined up around the Destin harbor Sunday to watch the 30th annual Holiday on the Harbor Destin Boat Parade.
The Destin tradition, hosted by the Destin History and Fishing Museum and Margaritaville, featured 28 vessels decorated in Christmas lights. Parade watchers filled up HarborWalk Village waving and yelling "Merry Christmas" to each of the boats.
Mayor Scott Fischer acted as Master of Ceremonies. Judges included Sherry Smith if Visionary Technologies & Design, Destin City Manager Carisse LeJeune, and Aimee Schafer, popular MC for many
After the parade, a fireworks show by Pyro Shows, Inc. concluded the unique Destin Christmas holiday event.
Winners in each category were:
• Private 30 ft. & Under: Lil Miss Destiny Captained by Sean Newberry
• Private 31 ft. & Over: Lynne Marie Captained by Tommy Graves
• Charter/Commercial 30 Ft. & Under: Destin Wedding Chapel Captained by Frank Howell
• Charter/Commercial 31 ft. & Over: Destiny Captained by Dennis Kendrick
• Tour Boat//Motorized 50 ft. & Under: Emerald Grande Shuttle II Captained by Matt Davis
• Tour Boat/Motorized 51 ft. & Over: Southern Star Captained by Jason McGregory
• Sailboat 30 ft. & Under: Braveheart Captained by Bonny Todd
• Sailboat 31 ft. & Over: Spider Crab Captained by Karl Marusak’s “Santa”
• Overall Best Entry: Swoop II Captained by Nick Priice
• City of Destin Harbor Heritage Award: Southern Star Captained by Jason McGregory