Florida Indie Author Contest
Independent fiction authors in the Fort Walton Beach area are invited to submit their work in the Florida Indie Author Contest sponsored by Library Journal and Biblioboard. Okaloosa County authors who submit their work may participate in a public display at the Fort Walton Beach Library. If the Florida winner is an Okaloosa County author, the library will showcase the winning submission in its featured author display and on social media.
In partnership with Library Journal, the statewide contest will accept submissions of self-published Young Adult and Adult Fiction with winners in each category to be recognized as the top self-published books in Florida. The contest will begin on April 1 and end May 31.
Winners in each category will receive $500 as well as:
- Inclusion in Indie Florida, a digital collection of local authors on BiblioBoard Library.
- Honors at the 2020 Public Library Association Conference in Nashville, Tenn.
- Opportunities to promote the winning title to Florida public libraries.
- Inclusion in a full page spread in Library Journal, one of America’s oldest and most renowned trade publications for library news.
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In the category of adult or young adult fiction.
- Written by a Florida resident.
- Available in either PDF or ePUB format.
Contestants may submit their works at www.indieauthorproject.librariesshare.com/Florida. The page will be available for submissions beginning April 1. Call the Fort Walton Beach Library at 850-833-9590 for more information.