CORONAVIRUS BY CITY/COUNTY: Santa Rosa death toll climbs to 8, Navarre, Crestview and Destin see more cases
This content is being provided for free as a public service to our readers during the coronavirus outbreak. Please support local journalism by subscribing to the Northwest Florida Daily News or the Panama City News Herald .
One more person in Santa Rosa County has died from the coronavirus, according to the Friday report from the Florida Department of Health. The death toll is now at 8 in the county.
A 64-year-old man who lives in Santa Rosa County died on April 24, according to the report. It was not travel related and he had contact with a person that was confirmed to have the virus.
Other fatalities in Santa Rosa County include:
– 72-year-old male that had known contact with the disease and is a county resident. It was not travel related.
– 65-year old male that had known contact with the disease, case was counted on April 6. It was not travel related.
- 84-year-old male Florida resident that had contact with the disease but was not travel related
– 69-year-old man who had contact with a confirmed case of coronoavirus, but it was not travel related, according to FDOH.
- 71-year old male who had traveled to Egypt, Jordan and Israel and died March 5 of the disease.
– 81-year-old female who had traveled to Indiana and died March 26.
– 66-year-old male Santa Rosa County resident. It was not travel related and he had contact with another person with the disease, according to FDOH. The death was counted on April 9 and verified April 17.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state of Florida increased to 34,728 Friday, according to FDOH. That’s an increase of 1,038 over the previous day’s report.
Also in the Wednesday report, the death toll for the entire state increased to 1,314 an increase of 46 over Thursday.
The total number of confirmed cases per county are as follows:
-Santa Rosa: 158, four more over Thursday - 8 total deaths
-Okaloosa: 156, two more over Thursday - 4 total deaths
-Bay: 72, - 3 deaths
-Franklin: 2, change
-Milton: 84, one more over Thursday
-Navarre: 32, one more over Thursday
-Gulf Breeze: 24,
-Pace: 15, two more over Thursday
-Fort Walton Beach: 60,
-Destin: 29, one more over Thursday
-Crestview: 18, one more over Thursday
-Mary Esther: 5,
-Eglin Air Force Base: 2,
– Missing: 1
– Laurel Hill:1
-Santa Rosa Beach: 11
-DeFuniak Springs: 12, three more over Wednesday
-Miramar Beach: 3
-Panama City: 43,
-Panama City Beach: 13, one more over Wednesday
-Lynn Haven: 6, one more over Wednesday
– Southport: 1
–Tyndall AFB: 1