Five ways to have fun this weekend
• The big movies opening this week are “We Are Your Friends,” an R drama starring Zac Efron; “No Escape,” an R thriller starring Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, Owen Wilson and Thanawut Kasro; and “Z for Zachariah,” a PG-13 post-apocalyptic flick.
• This weekend is International Bat Night, a time to celebrate bats, the animal kind. Some places are holding special events, or you can just go bat-watching for a night. Or stay home and watch one of the “Batman” movies if that floats your boat.
• Kids are either back in school or about to be back in school, so either way, this weekend is a time for them to have some fun. If pools are still open, try to go swimming, or head to the ice cream shop one last time this summer.
• Sunday is National Toasted Marshmallow Day, and we’ll be toasting some marshmallows over a firepit to celebrate. Do the same if you can, and make s’mores or just eat the golden brown marshmallows by themselves. Yum.
• In sports this weekend, MLS and MLB are winding down and entering the must-win stretch, there’s European soccer, and preseason football games are scheduled all weekend long. Check the TV listings for game times.
This article was contributed to The Log by More Content Now.