Five ways to have fun this weekend
• The big movies opening this weekend are “The Visit,” a PG-13 thriller from M. Night Shyamalan (is he finally back with another good film?!); “The Perfect Guy,” a PG-13 thriller starring Sanaa Lathan, Michael Ealy, Morris Chestnut and Rutina Wesley; and “90 Minutes in Heaven,” a Christian movie starring Kate Bosworth, Hayden Christensen, Hudson Meek and Bobby Batson.
• Do you like video games? Then Saturday is your day: It’s Video Games Day! As if you needed an excuse to play video games ... but celebrate the day by playing with friends. And parents, don’t forget there are a lot of educational games out there you can get (or try to get) your younger children interested in.
• Another holiday favorite is this weekend — International Chocolate Day. It will be celebrated on Sunday, and you can do your part by eating some chocolate. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, chocolate ice cream — whatever. Just pick your favorite and celebrate this awesome food.
• Sunday also is Roald Dahl Day, a holiday celebrating the birth of the children’s book author (though he does have a few adult books, too) and all his works. Go to the library or a bookstore and find some Dahl to read with your kids. There’s plenty to choose from: “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” “Matilda,” “James and the Giant Peach,” “Danny, the Champion of the World” and many more.
• There are a lot of good sports on TV this weekend, so get out those TV listings and start planning. The menu features college football, NFL, MLB, soccer, NASCAR and more.
This article was contributed to The Log by More Content Now.