Five ways you can have fun this weekend Sept. 25 - 27
• The big movies opening this weekend are “Hotel Transylvania 2,” an animated PG movie just in time for the Halloween season; “The Intern,” a PG-13 film starring Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway; and “The Green Inferno,” an R horror flick.
• Saturday is National Museum Day, a day when museums across the U.S. don’t charge admission. If you’re near a big city, why not plan a visit to that famous museum? Don’t forget to check local museums as well - there are many hidden gems just waiting to be discovered.
• Sunday is National Good Neighbor Day, a movement designed to get people to know and be friendly with your neighbors. In this day and age, most people don’t interact with their neighbors like they used to, so do something different and invite a neighbor over for tea or coffee, or grill out together.
• Banned Books Week begins Sunday. Head to your local library for more information, or Google books that are commonly banned (“Harry Potter” and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,” for example). Check out some banned books as well, and expand your mind.
• It’s another big sports weekend, so get out those TV listings and start planning. The menu features college football, NFL, MLB, soccer, NASCAR’s Chase and more.
This article was contributed to The Log by More Content Now.