Barnes & Noble Destin free January
Barnes & Noble Destin, 34904 Emerald Coast Parkway, Suite 118, will host the following events this January. Call 850-837-3243 for more information.
• Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast Storytime: Enjoy the funniest "food fight" story ever at 11 a.m. Jan. 2 as Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast have a beautiful friendship — until they discover there's only one drop of maple syrup left. Who will enjoy the sweet taste of victory? Activities follow the Storytime.
• I'll Never Let You Go Storytime: In the January Picture Book of the Month, I'll Never Let You Go author Smirti Prasadam-Halls and illustrator Alison Brown celebrate the comfort provided by unconditional love at 11 a.m. Jan. 9. Activities will round out the fun.
• Pete the Cat — I Love My White Shoes Storytime: Pete goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as he steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes. But no matter what happens, Pete keeps walking and singing at 11 a.m. Jan. 16. Coloring and activities to follow.
• The Wonderful Things You Will Be Storytime: From brave and bold to creative and clever, this rhyming picture book expresses all the amazing things children can grow up to be at 11 a.m. Jan. 23. With beautiful and sometimes humorous illustrations, this is a book grown-ups will love reading over and over to kids. Activities to follow.
• Ticket to Ride: Customers of all ages can join booksellers and learn to play the popular Ticket to Ride strategy board game at 2 p.m. Jan. 23.
• Groundhog's Dilemma, Groundhog’s Day Off Storytime: This special Storytime celebrates Groundhog Day with two feature titles — Groundhog's Dilemma and Groundhog’s Day Off at 11 a.m. Jan. 30. Fun activities occur after the Storytime.
• LEGO Skyline Group Build: Adults and teenagers (ages 14 and up) can help build the new LEGO Skyline in-store display and enjoy a LEGO Architecture build with Architecture Studio bricks at 2 p.m. Jan. 30.
During all Barnes & Noble Storytime readings and activities, parents and guardians are encouraged to take pictures and post to their personal social media sites using the hashtag #BNStorytime.