KIDS SUMMER ACTIVITIES 2016
It’s summer and time for fun. To submit a summer activity for children this summer, email email@example.com.
Holy Kidz Camp
Children entering grades K-5 will be creatively engaged in activities learning about the love of Jesus while participating in crafts, games, science, recreation, cooking, stories, songs and other surprises at Holy Kidz Camps.
Camp runs in weeklong sessions starting May 31 and run throughout the summer from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Waterday or Funday is held on Fridays.
Cost: $125 a student per week for early registration. Siblings receive a $20 discount per week. Limited daily rates at $35 a day per child (you must pre-register).
Scheduled camps will be held at Good News United Methodist in Santa Rosa Beach May 31-June 24; Grace Lutheran in Destin June 20-July 1; Coastline Calvary in Destin July 11-29; and Good News Aug. 1-5.
Applications are also being taken for student volunteers, age 13 and up.
Call 586-8264 or register online at www.holykidzcamps.com.
Kids on Campus
Kids on Campus offers summer enrichment and fun learning in a college environment at NWFSC in Niceville. Sessions are June 13-23 and July 11-21.Students choose from a variety of classes such as athletics, hands-on science, fine and performing arts, academics and art. Students create their own schedule and can choose morning, afternoon or all-day classes. New classes this year include Junior Safety (in partnership with Public Safety), Freshwater Frenzy (in partnership with Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance) and Icing on the Cake.
Kids on Campus with All Kinds of Art! will be held July 25-29 at the Chautauqua Center in DeFuniak Springs in partnership with the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation. All sessions of Kids on Campus are open to students entering third through eighth grades.
Visit www.nwfsc.edu/kidsoncampus or call 850-729-6086.
Ultimate Summer Camp
Resolute Martial Arts, 4014 Commons Drive West No. 120 in Destin, hosts Ultimate Summer Camp for kids age 5-12 that runs from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 6 to Aug. 5, with early drop off and late pick up available. Campers enjoy organized activities daily including weekly art project, weekly fieldtrip, two karate classes each week, gymnastics tumbling class each week and Nerf wars once a week. Registration fee is $99 and weekly rate is between $155 and $175 per week. Prices are all inclusive.
Emerald Coast Theatre Company
Classes at Emerald Coast Theatre Company begin June 6 for preschool aged children through ninth grade. ECTC will offer four different camps divided by age groups. Camp tuition starts at $109 with a $20 T-shirt/registration fee. The tuition goes up from there depending on the full day or half day to one week to two week variables of each camp. All camps will end with a final performance for parents and friends to enjoy. For information on dates of camps, visit EmeraldCoastTheatre.org or call 684-0323.
Destin Community Center
The following events will be held during the summer at the Destin Community Center unless noted. Pre-registration is required. Register early, as space is limited, at www.cityofdestin.com or contact the center at 654-5184 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
• Dodgeball: Ages 13-16 play from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays; ages 17 and up from 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays; and ages 8-12 from 6-8 p.m. Thursdays. Fee is $2/resident and $3/non-resident.
• Game Room: Open to children age 10 and older from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. Basketball/volleyball court, ping pong/foosball/air hockey/pool tables.
• Kids’ Night Out: Ages 5-12 will have a night full of games, movies and pizza from 6-9:30 p.m. June 3 (A Disney Night), July 15 (Lego Star Wars) and Aug. 12 (Luau Party). Fee is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
• Gardening Camp: Ages 5-12 will plant for themselves and areas around the Community Center from 12:30-2 p.m. June 6-8. Fee is $20/resident and $30/non-residents.
• Baton Camp: Ages 5-16 learn the basics of baton twirling from the All-Star Twirlers from 9 a.m. to noon June 6-10. Fee is $50/resident and $65/non-resident.
• Babysitting Safety Course: Courses for ages 11 through 15 will be held from 1-4 p.m. June 7 and 21 and July 12. Each student will be certified in CPR and first aid. Cost $30/resident and $45/non-resident.
• Basketball Clinic: A free clinic for Destin girls grades 2-5 from 6:30-8 p.m. June 8, 15, 22, 29 and July 6 and 13. Admission is $2 for non-Destin residents. The clinics will be directed by former Division I players Kristen Warren (Kent State) and Jamie Fayard (Penn State). Sign up as soon as possible at 654-5184.
• Cooking and Serving: Youth ages 8-15 plan and prepare a luncheon from 12-3 p.m. June 14-16 and July 12-14. Cost is $50/resident and $60/non-resident.
• Kids’ Camp: Camp for ages 5-12 will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Monday-Friday weekly beginning June 13 with It’s A Jungle Out There. The camp will consist of games, crafts, swim days, structured playtime and snacks. Comfortable clothes and tennis shoes are required every day. A swimsuit and towel are required on Fridays. The weekly fee is $50/resident and $65/non-resident. Supervision is available from noon-1 p.m. at an extra fee of $5/resident and $10/non-resident for the entire week. A cold lunch must be provided if staying the extra hour.
• June 20: Infinity & Beyond
• June 27: Party in the USA
• July 4: No camp
• July 11: Under the Sea
• July 18: Olympics
• July 25: DCC Got Talent
• Aug. 1: Aloha Summer
• Dodge Ball Camp: Ages 9-14 learn official rules, techniques and strategies from 1-2:30 p.m. June 14-16 and July 26-28. Cost is $20/resident and $30/non-resident.
• Tennis Camp: Ages 5-9 learn the basics of serving, backhands and forehands from 1-3 p.m. June 20 and 22 at Buck Destin Park and ages 10-15 meet on June 21 and 23. Fee is $20/resident and $25/non-resident.
• Volleyball Camp: Ages 9-14 will learn ball control, spiking, setting and passing from 1-3 p.m. June 20-22. Fee is $25/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Tumbling Camp: A basic tumbling camp will be held from 1-3 p.m. June 20-22. Fee is $30/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Sand Art Camp: Ages 5-12 can learn to make art with sand from 1-2:30 p.m. June 24. Cost is $20/resident and $25/non-resident.
• Pickleball Camp: Ages 10-15 will learn the basics from some of the best players on the Emerald Coast from 1-3 p.m. June 27 and 28. Fee is $15/resident and $20/non-residents.
• Ping Pong Camp: Ages 10-15 learn to serve, hit backhand and forehand and rally from 1-3 p.m. June 29-30. Fee is $14/rsident and $20/non-resident.
• Basketball Camp: Learn the fundamentals of passing, dribbling, shooting and sportsmanship June 29-July 1. Ages 3-4 from 1-2 p.m. and ages 5-6 from 2:15-3:15 p.m. Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothes. Fee is $30/resident and $45/non-resident.
• Little Feet Camp: Learn the basics of soccer from July 5-8. Ages 3-4 from 9-10 a.m. and ages 5-6 from 10:15-11:15 a.m. Fee is $10/resident and $15/non-resident.
• Cheerleading Camp: Ages 5-12 improve coordination, enthusiasm, team spirit and self-confidence from 1-3 p.m. July 5 and 6. Fee is $40/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Dance Camp: Learn various hip-hop styles including popping, breaking, locking and foundational hip-hop techniques for choreographed dance July 11-13. Ages 6-11 from 1-2 p.m. and ages 12 and older from 2-3 p.m. Fee is $30/resident and $35/non-resident.
• Golf Camp: Ages 7-15 will learn the basics of golf, such as driving, putting and chipping, from 1-3 p.m. July 18 and 19 at Golf Garden and from 1-3 p.m. July 7 at Golf Garden. Cost is $40/resident and $50/non-resident.