Sunshine Shuttle releases on-demand app
Sunshine Shuttle and Limousine recently introduced an On-Demand Rider App, which has been designed to provide Northwest Florida with a safe, secure, high-quality, on-demand riding experience.
For almost 10 years, Sunshine has traditionally been a spearhead in developing new ways to provide enhanced community transportation for the Emerald Coast. From the Shuttle and Limousine services to Coach line division and 30A-Trolley program, the next step is designed to meet the needs and growing demands of both residents and tourists who desire an on-demand app service.
"In partnership with an app development company from New York, our technology director James Hutto, a former Uber driver and employee, has worked tirelessly to complete a project that we believe will change the way transportation is provided on the Emerald Coast, helping to solve some of the traffic congestion problems we face in-season and out," said john Finch, owner/founder of Sunshine Shuttle & Limousine Service. "While Uber and Lyft have truly revolutionized the way people use point-to-point transportation, their lack of regulation, standards, and oversight continue to present themselves as glaring reasons not to use companies that simply employ anyone with a four-door vehicle."
On demand app features include:
• Allows easy access to the entire fleet of Sunshine's smoke-free vehicles
• Riding with drivers that pass a rigorous background check and random drug testing
• Transport in vehicles with extensive records proving continued maintenance
• Every trip through the app or desktop booking portal is covered by a $6 million insurance policy (Uber only issues $1 million per ride)
• Every on-demand ride is supported and tracked by live dispatch personnel, available for your support, 24/7
The app is currently available in both Apple and Android stores. It's free to download, easy to navigate, and the service is available 24 hours a day all over Northwest Florida.