Destin Youth Basketball results
Here are the latest results from the Destin Youth Basketball program at the Destin Community Center.
• One basket proved to be the difference as AJ's defeated Sammy’s Pizza 22-20 this past Friday. Jordan Figueroa and Logan Reeder were high scorers in a losing effort with eight points each. Jacob Castle led A.J.’s with nine points. Merrick Laird, Brody Plasier and Amberlin Smith played a strong defensive game for the winning team.
• Southern Bullion defeated YMCA Red by the score of 16-8. Caden Spence was high scorer with six points. Reed Phillips and Rudy Arick chipped in with four points apiece.
• Ethan Davis tossed in eight points and Caleb Reeder seven points to lead the Swoop of Destin in a 27-8 win over the YMCA No. 2 team. Will Garvie was the top scorer for the YMCA.
• Diego Perez continued his torrid scoring pace with 23 points as Emerald Coast Chiropractic defeated YMCA 3 by a score of 47-17. Alex and Andrey Lukin as well as Ella David all had strong defensive games in the winning cause.
• Mason Brundidge poured in 18 points in a winning effort as Bubba Gump Shrimp Company defeated the YMCA 1 team 26-16.
• Children’s Home Society of Florida outplayed the YMCA No. 6 team 35-16. Kobe Babin led the winning cause with 12 points followed by Griffin Moore with eight and Joey Jones with six point.
• Boswell Properties came out on top in a battle with Cinco Baptist School 33-20. Luke Edelman led all scorers with 14 points followed by Brady Bachmann with eight. Maya Sherwood helped control the boards with eight rebounds.
• Boy’s Club Gray proved too strong for DestinHypnosis.com as they earned a hard fought victory 50-22. Wes Turpin led the local scoring effort with six points followed by Jackson Stanford and Christian May with four points each.
• Boy’s Club Blue defeated S.O.S. Printing 35-16. The leading scorer for the Destin team was Wes Shackelford with six points. Brooks Lawman added four points for the home team.
• Southern Star proved too much to handle for DestinWedding.com. In a hard fought battle that was decided in the last two minutes, Southern Star eventually won 39-33. Ryan Romair once again led the way with 27 points. His brother Jack and Nolan Berry played shut down defense throughout the game. Jacob Edelman had a strong game with 12 points.
• The Boy’s Club Gray team beat Destin’s Sherwin Williams 56-45 in a hotly contested game. Brice Langston led the way for Destin with 19 points. Mike McFarlane had his best game with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Justin Scott played strong defense and chipped in with five points.
• Golf Garden lost to the Boy’s Club Blue team 43-15 despite a strong game from Jason Shirley.