Destin youth basketball results
The youth basketball program at the Destin Community Center started this past weekend with 320 youth scattered across 36 teams battling it out over a two-day period.
Here are some of the results from the different age divisions:
• Moe’s South West Grill pulled out one-point victory, 22-21, over D&D Services with Ishmael Wilson leading the winning effort with eight points followed by Bentley Reed and William Horin tossing in four each. Leading the way for D&D Services was Parker Bloom with 12 points followed by Connolly Barcus and Nash Fosdyck with two each.
• Will Lawyer lost a close one to 654Limo 11-9. Brandon Chauvin played a solid game with six points while JJ Cronin and Parker Mentado played tough defense for 654Limo. The Will Lawyers had a balanced attack with five players sharing the scoring load. Bentlee Bailey, Jack Harrell and Emma Ballard were just a few contributing.
• Sean Simon scored in double digits with 11 points followed by Holden Hughes with two points leading Donovan Development to victory over a scrappy ThomCo Enterprises. Connor Wilbur, Max Thomas and Ebner Ingram all scored for ThomCo.
• Frankfurt Law came up with 16 points to defeat DEA Solutions who had trouble handling Frankfort’s tough defense. Leading the way for Frankfort Law was Jordan Figueroa with 12 points. Will Blanchard and Charlie Frankfort played tough defense in the winning cause. Despite and even balanced scoring attack led by Carter Phillips four points, DEA came up short.
• America’s Swimming Pool Co. was too tough for LuLu’s Destin as they poured in 22 points to LuLu’s 12. John Rice and Will Porter shared the scoring honors with 10 points each. The runner ups were led by Easton Brackett’s four points followed by two each from Gunnar Smith, Jabari Weeks and John Price
• Fat Daddy’s Arcade poured in 35 points compared to just seven for Coastal Accounting, who were led in scoring by Eisley Ingram and Miller Lindsley. The Baturyn brothers, Daniil with 10 and Pavel with six points led the way for Fat Daddy’s followed by Aiden Mohr with five points. In all, seven players scored in the winning cause.
• Hammerthread Embroidery pounded home 43 points to 36 for a tough Gameday Pizza team. Zander Davis had a strong game with 21 points for the winners who also got eight from Kirch Bright and Donovan Monsees. Leading the way for Gameday was Griffen Moore who controlled the boards and tossed in 20 points. Shawn Default, despite sitting out half the game with an injury, scored six points.
• On The Coast Magazine edged Payne Chiropractic 53-49. Logan Massingill slashed his way to 34 points and Tony Payne patrolled the paint on defense while scoring 10 points. Matt Pierce had a strong game at point guard while also scoring seven points. The 25 points that Justin Winter poured in wasn’t enough for Payne Chiropractic, who also got strong performances from Brendon Kelly, Nathan Payne and RJ Perez.