10 Things to Do in Atlanta for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
Going to Atlanta for the showdown of the Florida State University Seminoles and the University of Houston Courgars on New Year’s Eve? Here are a few ideas for while you are in the city.
1. The World of Coca-Cola invites Seminole fans to visit the home of the secret formula for Coca-Cola and experience the history (and taste!) of the world’s No. 1 beverage brand. Throughout the month of January, football fans can bring their Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Fan Guide to the attraction to get two tickets for $25 – a savings of $6
2. On Dec. 30, FSU fans can spend the evening immersed in underwater fun at Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Fan Night at Georgia Aquarium. Guests can join each team’s cheerleaders at the western hemisphere’s largest aquarium to take in the AT&T Dolphin Tales presentation, watch season highlights on 60-foot tall screens in the Atrium and more.
3. There’s no better place to celebrate the storied history of college football than the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience. Through Jan. 3, fans can also celebrate the spirit of giving: by bringing gloves, hats, scarves, socks or slippers to donate to local nonprofit City of Refuge, guests will receive $2 off general admission to the Hall.
4. Kick off game day with elaborate floats, classic cars, marching bands and more at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Parade. The parade launches at Baker Street near the World of Coca-Cola and concludes at the Georgia World Congress Center.
5. Join the FSU cheerleaders and Marching Chiefs at the Peach Bowl FanFest to cheer on the Seminoles just before they take the field. In addition to the pep rally and team walk, fans will enjoy interactive games, giveaways, food and more.
6. The game day celebration doesn’t have to stop when the final whistle blows. Ring in 2016 in style at events like Downtown Countdown or Sweet Tea NYE.
7. If you want to flex your own athletic muscle, head to Topgolf after the game to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Reserve a spot for you and your friends at either Atlanta-area location for a night filled with unlimited Topgolf play, food and drinks, party favors and more.
8. Rock your way into 2016 with some of the best jam bands in the land – catch Gregg Allman at Atlanta Symphony Hall, Widespread Panic at the Fox Theatre, STS9 at The Tabernacle, The Revivalists at The Buckhead Theatre or Perpetual Groove at Terminal West.
9. Head to Stone Mountain Park for the Kids’ Early New Year’s Eve Celebration to ring in 2016 without missing anyone’s bedtime. When the clock strikes 9, families can celebrate the New Year with fireworks, costumed characters and a wintery snowfall.
10. Wake up on Jan. 1 and get your New Year’s Resolutions off to a strong start by joining the Atlanta Track Club for their 2016 Resolution Run. Runners can participate in a 4 Miler, One Miler or 50m Dash.