Cincinnati Reds at New York Mets odds, picks and predictions
The Cincinnati Reds (44-63) and New York Mets (70-39) lift the lid on a 3-game series at Citi Field Monday. First pitch is slated for 7:10 p.m. ET. Let's analyze Tipico Sportsbook's lines around the Reds vs. Metsodds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: Mets lead 2-1
The Reds are continuing a wonky road trip that has already included stops at the Miami Marlins and Milwaukee Brewers and which will have the club heading to Dyersville, Iowa, for a "home game" against the Chicago Cubs at Field of Dreams after Cincy and New York play 3 from Monday to Wednesday.
The Mets have won 3 straight games and are 12-2 over their last 14. New York has batted a robust .312/.379/.513 (.892 OPS) along that 14-game span.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests. Play now !
Reds at Mets projected starters
RHP Justin Dunn vs. RHP Chris Bassitt
Dunn is expected to be recalled from Triple-A Louisville for this start, his first of the season in MLB.
- Combined 6.75 ERA with a 1.82 WHIP (including 17 BB) through 28 IP between Class-A Dayton (1 start) and Triple-A Louisville (7 starts) this season after being activated in June following recovery from shoulder surgery.
- Only pitched beyond the 4th inning in 2 of those starts.
- Career 3.94 ERA across 25 starts for the Seattle Mariners from 2019-2021.
Bassitt (8-7, 3.61 ERA) is making his 21st start of the season. He has a 1.12 WHIP, 2.4 BB/9 and 8.9 K/9 through 122 IP.
- Coming off 7-scoreless innings Wednesday at the Washington Nationals in his last start.
- Owns a 2.96 ERA over his last 7 starts.
- Owns a 2.14 ERA and 0.77 WHIP over his last 5 starts at Citi Field. For the season, has logged a 4.24 ERA on the road and a 3.06 figure at home.
Reds at Mets odds and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list. Lines last updated at 10:57 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Reds +260 (bet $100 to win $260) | Mets -340 (bet $340 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Reds +2.5 (-117) | Mets -2.5 (-103)
- Over/Under (O/U): 8.5 (O: -135 | U: +110)
Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $200 in instant bet credits at Tipico Sportsbook! New customer offer in CO and NJ. 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Place your legal, online sports bets at Tipico. Let's make this interesting.Bet now!
Reds at Mets picks and predictions
Mets 5, Reds 3
PASS on the ocean-of-juice offering here.
Win your fantasy baseball league with BaseballHQ.com. For decades, BHQ has been helping players just like you win! Use the couple code SBW22 for 20% OFF full-season subscription. New customer offer; expires 8/31/2022. Subscribe today and start winning!
It's a partial-unit play, but the REDS +2.5 (-117) has some slight value.
Cincinnati went 12-24 over its first 36 road games but it's 8-7 in its last 15.
Both offenses are too far out over their skis with batting numbers a bit too bloated when compared to support indicators. Bassitt and bullpen upside for New York are complementary factors.
TAKE THE UNDER 8.5 (+110).
Additional MLB coverage:
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).